• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Your making the Outrageous seem mundane....lol. Excellent shooting CK. You've set a bar that less than a handful can reach. I hope to be able to reach it someday. I hear the RAW has found itself some of the same barrel that Mike uses. Does this mean that you may have a possible RAW on order? Top Notch Shooting CK
Peace and Bullseye Grease
MIke

Thanks Jimmy and Mike! 
Got my Pot O ---Lead😬
I see the Poly's on RAWs page, selling them with the thimble ready to drop in for 250? --
i think you should get one Mike -and looks like lots of RAW owners are doing it?
I'm reading of good results with them. As For me --I ordered another Thomas - so I can have one for HV -LV and one for open/FT 
but that pot full of lead is a testament to the practice ---
'you can do it Mike 

Thanks Kim
Yes in HV I'm using the Monsters - had tried H&Ns in varying weights -- but settled on JSBs . I shoot JSBs in all of my air rifles now. The only hold outs were my Steyr silhouette pistols, but now Im using the 8.4 grain JSBs . In the very beginning I'd weigh sort and order pellets by lot -purchase in lots of ten with varied head sizes to 4.52
'but after sizing heads with a micrometer and doing visual inspection with a jewelers glass -weighing -------
I realized that at close yardages - I wasn't really seeing much difference in performance --
the cards you see posted are pellets just pulled from the tin--with a mix of lot sizes and soon a switch to the black label JSBs.( almost out of the red tins) -
every now and again you'll get a WTF shot - but more often than not its a misread of the wind -
but each barrel is different - so maybe their will be anecdotal stories of fussy barrels?
but for now -----
CK

Today I decided to take my much neglected Steyr out of mothballs ---😫
the only difference between it and the Thomas is the ease of lineup with targets, and I like the feel of the Thomas trigger better --but the Steyr shooting the 18 grain .22 cal JSBs really had no wind mitigation issues-even though the winds are a bit gusty today - also another hot as hell day!!
but the Stery is more than capable of holding its own -with the -standard cut Rifled LW barrel - the only other issue I had was in cleaning the barrel before starting the first card -took quite a few sighters to stabilize --- 
748 with 43 Xs - 

Smooth Sailing 
CK