• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Good shootin' Frank. Dang it, you are just too good....you're scaring the rest of us off? LOL
It's hot, wet and nasty here. My glasses are fogging in the rain?
I've got to get lot's of practice in with my new toy, before I can post anything. I don't think you have to worry about me even getting a 740 out of 3 cards! LOL
I'll be happy if I ever get one 250 card!

Thanks Jimmy! Canceled all work for the rest of the day-
terrible weather conditions - hope we don't get any major damage?
Airgunner Ron emailed me, says they are monitoring club conditions for flooding---
was glad to get in even a bit of practice -
but really would be good to get some competitors---
I think this system is supposed cross the state - then head up your way?
CK

Thanks Paul ,John and Strikey - im really hoping to make it to more matches - but given the distances involved -it doesn't seem likely --
I'd love to shoot against those new BM500s ---
Ive got Mike of Thomas building me another rig , will have a FT base as an add on -not sure when the rifle will be ready though ?but it will also be dedicated to LV and HV -so my first Thomas can be used solely for open to unlimited class--

But hell Paul, I might just hop on a plane this Friday? How far is Wilmington airport from you guys? I'd love to meet you Jimmy and the rest of your club,and meet Mike as well -
I'm thinking of making an 18 hour drive next month, to the Salem NewYork regional BenchRest match - but id need lots of advance planning to pull that one off. It would be so easy if I could bring all the little things that one normally doesn't even think about, to a match- but almost impossible by plane - just to much stuff and the hassle involved with checkins and lost or stolen equipment -- or misdirected to say Hawaii 😬
But summer is the busiest time of the year for an A/C company -and we just were awarded a big bid -- convenience store -
'so work constantly gets in the way of my sport! 
regards 
'CK 

Jimmy Is about 20-30 min from Wilmington Airport. I am another 20+ mins past Jimmy. I don't know what his plans are but he mentioned he would pick you up.

I will already be in Mount Pleasent at the club Friday. I go up the day before and stay with a friend. It is a 3.5 hr drive to the club course, and I prefer to be fresh in the morn.

Would be nice to see you and spend sone time. Like I said we can arrange a gun if you want to try the match. You can squad with Jimmy or me. We both have the equipment you would need like a bipod and bucket. Let me know so I can reserve the club gun if Jimmy does not have the holdover done on the Thomas. You can even use my FX 400 .22. I have it set for the Pyramid Gunslynger event and field target. I only need to make a holdover card as it is set for clicking. Let me know!

Here is what the RAW's did at the Phoenix Airgun Club monthly match

Well.. today we had some exceptional conditions... it is very unusual for us to have almost NO wind... with occasional gusts up to 5 mph.. For me it is not normal to Only 
aim at the 9 - 10 ring, usually it is at least a 8 ring hold........Minimum !!!!! 

Several Club records were set... One near perfect score.... and the top 9 scores were 740 or better. We had 4 250's shot by three members.. One of a Notable exception 
was Linda.... she has Only Shot 3 (YES ... THREE) bench rest matches. She Scored her first 250 with The Newest Generation BM500 with Polygon Barrel..... 
The Top Six places were all Shot with Rapid Air Weapons guns with the NEW Polygon barrels... a few of us even had the Hot off the CNC.. "Indexable Barrel kits"... Wow... What a difference !!!! 

Martin Rutherford certainly knows how to put together some amazing shooting rifles... and they are ALL made here in good old Tennessee.. 

(sorry guys .. just noticed a couple of typo's .. ALL the guns are correct.. just a couple of models are slightly wrong.. will update the list and repost in the morning 
...... is kinda late.. and it was kinda warm at the range today) 

d18f45_409358d19e01468283d14185aaa0c160_zpsq1igqlar.jpg

This weekend saw a hole New Level of performance... All Due to the NEW Rapid Air Weapons Bench Rest Guns...these are for sure going to set the New Standards in Performance and Value. Best yet..Made in the Good old U.S.A.. 

The shooters at our club for the most part are new compared to the seasoned veterans in this sport. Granted, Airgun Bench Rest is pretty New.... but when you have a New shooter that shoots Her First 250 after only 3 matches... lets just says... it turns a few heads. Linda is not new to Shooting (started out a year ago). Here at Rio Solado we have an amazing about of Airgun related events every month and she takes advantage of All that is offered. Linda opted to shoot a BM500 (left Hand actions) with the New 177 Polygon Barrel... I think she was giving the rest of us a chance.. her targets were248 - 249 and then finishing with a 250-10x. In September Linda will be going to her first Nationals In Oxnard....We should keep an eye on this Lady...

The Next note worthy Performance was by Irwin, he is a dedicated shooter. Irwin just got his Upgraded BM500 with the New Indexable Polygon Barrel.. Yes.. Martin has come through again with an All new indexable barrel system to get every last ounce of performance needed for top level performance.... Irwin picked up his newly upgraded gun Memoral weekend and spent all 3 days in some secret location deep in the Mountains training for the Match
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
 He shot card #1 - 249 , Card #2 250, #3 249.. with a total of 748 - 47x.. that is just some great shooting.....

The top 6 places were all taken by RAW Heavy Varmint guns in 177. They all had the New Polygon Barrels. What is interesting to note, is that there are 3 different models that RAW makes..... There was the obvious BM500... but both Left Had and Right hand actions were used.. Ray H.. has one of the Only HM1000x's that has been converted to 177... and then there is Dave S.. he is shooting his Highly specialized Left Hand HM1000 in a Bench Rest stock....

Due to the Winds we have a Rio Solado our top scores are usually in the the High 730's with an occasional low 740. This weekend you had to score 740 or better just to be in the top 9 slots!!!! I am sure as our crew gains more experience they will over come that minor problem of reading the wind..... 
From the scores this weekend its pretty obvious what is needed to place at the top in our club....

As for me .. I too shot a personal Best.... and I have to give all the credit to the New RAW Indexable Polygon Barrel system the Martin has developed to push the
sport to the next level....

Congratulations to all the shooters this weekend.....

Mark

Has been hotter than Hell! 
Had to switch back to my one piece rest- sent the front rest back - and ordered a Randolph rest - should be here any day now- fire engine red- I hope ?
but without my portable fan -bug spray and other outdoor accoutrements -----

need to change out my cardboard backer- got soaked from the monsoons of this weekend -
Ok Jimmy and guys- let's see some cards!
cheers 
CK