• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

I get having a very accurate chrony for working up rounds with powder burners. I also get using them for working with different pellets to see how they are performing. I also get using them for playing with regulators, springs, et al to see where a particular pellet has a sweet spot.

I'm missing something though. When one has a Thomas rifle with a 5 fps spread and isn't adjusting said rifle (the point of getting a Thomas, right?) and is using the same pellets and processes, what is the need for a top end chrony?

Well when you put it like that 😬 But I find its good to gauge when barrel fouling is about to cause a flyer - also to ensure that the reg is operating consistently -after cleaning I monitor the rise and fall of velocity to know when to switch from sighters to Bulls --
But i do shoot other guns -from HK pistols and sub guns to >223 rifles -and all manor of firearm -
so the Radar will not sit idle -
also hope to retire one of these days and start hand loading --
but in the end----it's so easy to set up,and the hassle of sunscreens really causes me to just say Fck it on using a chrony -- this will definately remove any excuse -
CK

I've been a bit busy up untill last tuesday when my tablesaw decided to take a fingernail, much of what was behind it and break the first bone.. Now that I have some time here are my best score, worst score and best x count of the last two matches I attended shooting a total of six cards each match. Mind you I had messed, or as some say tuned the gun before the match in Salem NY and again before the Holbrook shoot. I may be done fooling with it, maybe not.

Salem NY Benchrest results:

Holbrook Ma Benchrest results:

Thanks Jimmy and CK. The finger will get better with time given I take it easy(not very easy to do). One or the other CK, gotta make the pain meds last, they just don't give em out like they used to. No it's not the `ol trigger finger but the middle finger on my off hand. I hope to make it to the shoot in NY this sunday though.

Will do. On a side note i've had the time to head size 2000 and then weigh about 500 of the JSB Premium pellets. After my shoot on sunday I'll put together a little report on the results. I'll be shooting six cards again so I will be able to test not just the jsb's premiums but also some jsb rs 7.33, exact 8.44 and AA 8.4 all by head size and weight.

Thanks Chas. Its should heal up just fine :) If you can't make anymore indoor bench rest matches you should try to make a field target match or two this summer. You can use your .22 just get it at or under 20fpe. If I'm not mistaken yours has the power wheel? Anyways it was a pleasure to meet you as well.

Oh, and if you don't feel comfortable using the FX you can always shoot with me/borrow my rig for a match.