• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Damn CK that is awsome!
On a previous note here is my rifle with it's new stock and new to me scope(Nikko Sterling Diamond 10-50x60).

I did not get to attend the BR shoot today as I had developed a leak from the outer orings on the regulator. Too much removal and installation for them to handle. It's all fixed now and shooting well, though I'm gonna open her up again tomorrow to fiddle with the valve spring a bit more and see if I can't get a bit tighter spread.

Also Paul, it is the same S500 just a different stock. And a regulator. I have a new butt hook too but will wait to install it until I can sit outside for a few hours without getting frost bite.

Huma for the reg. I'm sure it clipped or plumb wore out from repeated installation. Getting the holes on the reg and tube to line up was a pain in the behind. Anyways it's in there for good now.

Also it's a ultimate sporter stock with my s500 extra fac action sitting in it. The HFT is a bit different. It uses a different trigger group, and has a transfer port restrictor screw like the marauder instead of a power wheel. So not a HFT but not a big deal.

Good luck at Cajuns!

Fooled me, I looked at it on my phone while my wife was driving us out to dinner. I did not blow the pic up....

Did you have to drill a 1 mm hole in the top of the air tube above the reg for venting? That is required for the Robert Lane reg install. If do, you need to ream the inside of the little hole well and remove any burrs.

My first time installing one I clipped the O ring. The Lane reg comes with extra O rings. Also I greased them well with silicon grease.

I just put one in and out of my 1720T pistol 5 times... I was adjusting the pressure each time until I reached my desired speed and FPE. No leaks. One trick is to turn the drill bit around and put it in the hole to ease the O ring past the hole edge. I grease it so well now it just slips by the drill hole.

I fitted a Robet Lane regulator, he gives very clear and complete instructions. After drilling the hole in the tube (with the supplied drill bit) I wrapped some kitchen roll (to increase diameter and provide a little cushioning/radial force) and 'wet and dry' to a dowel. I eased the dowel past the thread and using a pedestal drill I lapped the tube where the regulator would reside. I judge this to be successful as I have had no leaks.