• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Thanks Mike! I laughed at the end, when one gentleman said " we're thinking of banning Thomas rifles from these tournaments" LOL
i did beat out another Thomas though-- the one with the electric Trigger---
'I really would like to come out west, to some of the events in your neck of the woods.
had a really good time though. With only a couple complaints but hell-a Win sure erases all of that ;-)
'peace and winning Grease
CK

A gal snapped this photo of me-- just after my first card. I'm kicking the wooden stabilization brace into place.
but even with the brace,the bench was still unusable. Had to squat over the seat,any physical contact with the bench would cause point of aim shifts from one to three 
targets. But after my first card I adjusted myself,to not touch the bench at all! 
I shoot left handed,but due to this bench,was using my right index finger to pull the trigger.
with a better bench would have probably had a score closer to 750.

Peace and schitty table grease
CK
p.s 
the other competitor with the Thomas rifle shot the whole match,standing up.
they gotta get better benches!

thanks Dick, I was hoping to run a a couple of string across the chrony today,but work keeps getting in the way.-----
hell the wind at the match was nothing compared to the conditions I'd been practicing in -
last week. Gust in the 25 mile an hour range! 

Mike really builds works of Mechanical Art.
and I've only had the rifle in my possession a few days now--
truly an amazing rifle -
Frank 

Thanks Mark- I've done the same thing with my Steyr -- probably more than a thousand dollars more on the Tune - to get it to a match grade rifle --
it's a great feeling to not need to worry about your equipment letting you down. Just to be able to concentrate on actual shooting --
that's the quest -even in FB competitions --
and we are all looking for an edge -- be it in golf or drag racing ---
take care
CK

One Caveat
'I did compete against a guy who also was shooting a Thomas- with an electric trigger -and he shot the whole match standing up. Didn't have a problem with the bench---
because he never sat down! 
When enough Thomas rifles get on the firing line,it will possibly mean higher scores but back to who's the better shot--
equipment really doesn't guarantee anything --
'just ask the gentleman who came in second place 
CK

589D8A77-4FEC-4A5D-8B33-3E2FEFE24DF0.jpg

my week old in my hands AZ Theoben/Impact GSX 600.....need more trigger time, but this rifle is awesome... shoots 16gr best, but i accidently used 18gr at Dade match GRRRRRR!!!!!

only shot a 712 15x i think...... heres a video with right pellets..... im so mad at myself!!

Still a good score-- and probably on some days - a winning score as well.
thats the nature of our game-
hell I was angry that I had a wobbly bench- and it fcked up my first card! 
But thankfully I asked the range officer about it,and he provided a wooden brace for my second card.
The photo above was taken of me - kicking that brace into place at the rear of the bench ---
CK 

Ck, wobbly bench, wrong pellets, etc. You both showed the true measure of what the sport is about. Overcoming adversities and making the attempt. Even if you don't win, or show well, it is important to try your best.

I personally believe the glory of winning and beating the field is a wonderful triumph. However, I compete against myself to beat my previous scores. If I accomplish that eventually I will make it to the top tier I hope. I constantly tell folks you can never know it all and will learn something every day. I learned that I want to be the best I can be in this sport. (Sounds like a commercial for the Army, but I am a former Marine..lol)

Along the way I am meeting great folks and competitors like yourself Frank. Imagine what you and salticon could have done without the wobbly bench and wrong pellets. Congrats on your win CK and Salticon, see, you learned something....bringing the right pellets for you rifle. And by the way, it was not that bad of a score even with the Pellet issue...... Remember there will always be another match down the road!