Wowzer Burris rings!

I get a veteran discount and I figured it was worth the effort. I got a pair of:
20230924_164022.jpg

Xtra signature rings.
I received 4 inserts from 0 to 20 MOA adjustment. Very nice way over kill for airguns , but why not. These are 1.25 hight version, 3 ring bolts and 2 picatinny bolts. I really like the inserts because there is not much chance of damage to the scope.
And you get this very nice water proof container that I'm sure I'll find a use for.
Now to mount my way overkill scope and see if I can use the offset inserts.
20230924_164155.jpg

20230924_170505.jpg

😃

Nothing better from any company at any price!

Good to see they finnaly added the +/- 20 inserts.

Still prefer the standard Signatures...

The XTR Signature rings have always come with +/- 5, 10 and 20.

The standard Zee Signatures are great rings with one major flaw - The "bendy" clamping plate that is part of the ring body. A VERY poorly designed plate that breaks off if you have to expand them several times to fit a different rail. Of course Burris will send you a new set, but that doesn't solve the problem of rings that won't work at that moment. I wish they would use a separate clamping plate made of steel like some of their other smaller sized rings.

1695646727704.png

Last edited:
I was looking at these rings for my Hatsan Mod 135 since I currently have the front ring shimmed due to it shooting higher than the elevation on my Argos HMR allows for.

These seem like a more "polished" solution than strips of soda cans.

They work well with the UTG or other brands of dovetail to picatinny adapters. I have a Hatsan that has a non picatinny standard but picatinny looking dovetail / multi slot rail on it and it needed the inserts.

1696017052776.png

I was looking at these rings for my Hatsan Mod 135 since I currently have the front ring shimmed due to it shooting higher than the elevation on my Argos HMR allows for.

These seem like a more "polished" solution than strips of soda cans.
The rings included with this kit allows up to 40 MOA adjustment in 5 or 10 MOA steps. And they can be offset to make corrections in horizontal to correct errors in the picatinny rail mount.

They work well with the UTG or other brands of dovetail to picatinny adapters. I have a Hatsan that has a non picatinny standard but picatinny looking dovetail / multi slot rail on it and it needed the inserts.

View attachment 392835
Yes, it's a weaver rail and a poor choice on Hatsan's behalf since it severely limits the choice of rings unless you use the dovetail instead. I actually found a .5" picatinny riser on Amazon that has adjustable spacing between mounting bolts so I was able to install it on my 135's weaver rail allowing me to run picatinny rings/mounts.

A lot of brands use weaver/picatinny interchangably when describing their mounts but it's misleading since they aren't the same thing. Picatinny uses a standard consistent spacing where weaver has inconsistent spacing between channels. Most weaver mounts will fit picatinny but most picatinny will not fit Weaver.

Monstrum is one of the few budget brands that actually acknowledges the difference between the two rail types and sells true weaver rings. Since weaver is actually a brand not just a rail type, you can also buy Weaver branded rings and mounts that will fit on a 135 as well.