• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wow. I have no words (and my wife is concerned...)

As mentioned in another thread, my P-mod came yesterday. I discovered it had just shy of 3000psi. I installed the butt stock and I had a good 2-7x Burris that wasn't doing anything, so I mounted that with a BKL mount I had. Tried to load a mag, got frustrated and gave up. Lunchtime today I watched a vid from PA on how to load them, apparently the written instruction leave a lot out. Got home and loaded a mag, all makes sense now. Rattled off a mag full. 

Why didn't I do this sooner?

My compressor and the M-rod arrived but didn't unbox them yet. Gotta run to the store for the little lady and then the rest of the day is mine to play PCP. Once the older children are home from school, we're gonna have some more fun. Wish me luck.

Steve, glad to hear you're happy! I probably have $6K invested in this hobby and that's said as a warning not as bragging. It's been said though that the time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time. I really enjoy the hobby, the plinking, the easy cleaning, and generally if you enjoy plinking you're net positive pretty quickly as compared to sourcing the rare and illusive unicorn ammunition known as .22LR :)

Enjoy the fun with what you've selected, it's a great start or end depending on how far you want to swim in the money pool. Fair warning -- the deep end starts when you're looking at Carbon Fiber bottles which begets a beefy expensive compressor. The deep end gets pretty steep when you start looking into bottle guns as well.

Share some images, we AGN nuts enjoy living vicariously through them! Congrats man!

I always listen to my Wife. She has a habit of hearing what I want or expect a gun to do, and she says, "Save a bit and Buy it! If we have the money, order it if they have it in stock". 

Now that's a good Wife. ;<)

Yesterday when I shot the P-rod for the first time she made a comment along the lines of "the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

That of which is basically true!

Just got in from shooting the full-size Marauder. I had PA mount and zero the scope. Tack driver for sure. I "borrowed" a Harris bipod off one of my AR's and was shooting off a picnic table in the back yard. Cranked the scope up to 12x and could read the label on a soda can. Appears to shoot pretty flat between 15 and 25 yards. Ran 3 mags through and may dropped 300-ish PSI.

Soda cans are now afraid of me.

Just got in from shooting the full-size Marauder. I had PA mount and zero the scope. Tack driver for sure. I "borrowed" a Harris bipod off one of my AR's and was shooting off a picnic table in the back yard. Cranked the scope up to 12x and could read the label on a soda can. Appears to shoot pretty flat between 15 and 25 yards. Ran 3 mags through and may dropped 300-ish PSI.

Soda cans are now afraid of me.

Ha! For me it's beer cans. 

Me and the Neighbor get together for some drinkin and plinkin - but I don't bring out the M-rod for that. Just .177 co2 pistols. Gets those cans shakin in their boots!

Fill an empty coors can to full and cap it, and see the carnage a pellet does to it-

A8E74BBE-65FE-4651-BC77-11BEB39B4854.1634403279.jpeg

Side scissored open is entry side. 

I always listen to my Wife. She has a habit of hearing what I want or expect a gun to do, and she says, "Save a bit and Buy it! If we have the money, order it if they have it in stock". 

Yesterday when I shot the P-rod for the first time she made a comment along the lines of "the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

Yep! Happy Husband, Happy Wife!

Yep! Happy Husband, Happy Wife!

Lucky guy - my wife says "I can't stand those freakin guns, don't come near me with them." Should I be looking for a new wife?