• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wow, I Got Rid of Many of My Airguns About 12+ Years Ago !

Went through my airgun stash yesterday to take a look what I had..... looks like I had sold my HW80, Laminated stock R7 and my HW 77 along with others... I remember going to a well known local airgun shop in the Los Angeles area some 12+ years ago and selling them, they all were .177 caliber. It was at the time .22 guns were getting power in the 800 fps range, and they would shoot flat enough for my hunting purpose.

The only springers I have left now are my RWS 48, B-22, R7 and Mod 55, I will keep those. I have two RX's in .22 that I will take to a dealer on Friday to see what I can get for them, just don't want them. I will have fittings changed to Foster type and have my careers set up with Foster QD too I think .. still not sure as the original system is very nice and clean and I have those fittings.

What else am I keeping from years past?, well my 5 beautiful Career II 707's of which I have full size and carbine in .22, my 2 Crow Magnum III's in .22 and that is it.

Lately, I have purchased quite a few Hatsan Vortex guns ....95, 125 and the Edge and have been EXTREMELY happy with the performance of these guns (all .22) I also have a couple QB79's (.22) that are very, nice guns and a Disco (.22) I just bought on sale. My last gun will be picked up today, a Hatsan AT44s -10 QE Long in .22

That REALLY shoots my airgun budget for the about the next 12 months for sure. It will take a while to get a few of the guns set up and ready to go, the 95,125 and Edge are set up and shooting great.

wll

"Dhc8guru"So my take away from your post is all your old guns perform poorly compared to your new stuff so your getting rid of them?
No, No, my older guns were just great, very, very fine. My HW 77K and my R9 and HW 80 were very fine guns. The reason I got rid of them is about 12-15+ years ago airguns in .22 caliber got enough velocity so I would not have to worry about trajectory and they would shoot as flat as my old 124 did or a little better. I kept a few of them like a mentioned, but for me, I have have gone to .22 caliber almost exclusively, except for plinking. Once I can launch a CP at 800 ish fps, for me, I'm in good shape, as I really don't plink, I just hunt. What do I hunt ?, nothing big -- ground squirrels and jack rabbits in the -40ish yard range are about it, pest birds to the 50yrd range are at the other end.

The reason I'm selling my RX's ?, they are just sitting... if I can't get what I think is a fair price, I may keep them, we will see tomorrow, My $87.00 Hatsan Edge in .22 sends CPHP pellets out at the same speed as my expensive RX and is way smaller and lighter. Is it a better quality gun ...NO, not in the same league ..... it is just smaller and lighter and easy to carry and I'll use it more.

As far as old guns go, my two prized possessions are my old Sheridan straight bolt I got when i was 12 years old (shoots great), and a very, rare 3120 Benjamin pump, with the original Benjamin tag still attached and never shot ... I wish I had the box ;- )

wll