• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Would you take this shot

hard to see but mr squirrel is sunning himself on the end ridge of my “building.” Do I take the shot? 

1591015691_9982763375ed4f90bb6d111.24881646.jpeg

Well it sorta depends doesn’t it? What’s beyond the trees. How confident you are in your ability to make the shot. What are you shooting. Maybe not the place for 30 cal . How much value do you put on your roof. What do your neighbors think about you killing THEIR squirrels. How badly do you need to kill the squirrel. Maybe if you over think this like I am the squirrel will die of natural causes 

Go ask your wife she’ll tell you what to do😀😀😀

Well it sorta depends doesn’t it? What’s beyond the trees. How confident you are in your ability to make the shot. What are you shooting. Maybe not the place for 30 cal . How much value do you put on your roof. What do your neighbors think about you killing THEIR squirrels. How badly do you need to kill the squirrel. Maybe if you over think this like I am the squirrel will die of natural causes 

Go ask your wife she’ll tell you what to do
1f600.svg
1f600.svg
1f600.svg

And where to go. I love it!!

The only issue is the roof.. I trimmed some branches yesterday that the squirrels were using to gain access to my buildings roof then over to a dogwood tree.. Oh, and " how do you tell if its a dogwood tree?" By its "bark." Anyway, they like to use the roof to gain access to the large oak tree which still has acorns under it..

I do value my shingles and not worried what's past the ridge.. I think ill sight in my Streamline ( .177) and see if he wants to sun tomorrow morning..

The higher the stakes, the more you'll need to put into the shot. Take this one for example.....

80yds

15 to 20 mph wind, enough to move the rifle around.

Temp 25 degrees warmer than when I zeroed and did trajectory validation. 

I knew the shot would go a little high, and also knew the wind couldn't be taken at full value due to being at ground level.

But I also had a 2" zone to hit......quite a bit bigger than your squirrel.

I wouldnt have attempted this shot with less than a bench rest. 

If your squirrel is at a steep angle, like 30 to 45 degrees and the range is the same as your zero distance...the shot is likely to miss high. Thats just one factor I would consider.

1591018501_16372240565ed5040514b712.05427975.jpg

From inside house. Where I can set up bench. 
1591019210_12281250965ed506ca9251b3.69165384.jpeg

Nice set up from the porch/balcony,many nutters will be dispatched from there, I predict...lol.

But, maybe best for nutters on the ground. Line up a tree as a backstop in front of a bait station..?

Whats behind all those tress, as it looks to be directly down range from a porch balcony to building roof shot...? From the first pic in your post looks like from the ground shooting up, a tree is perfectly lined up as a backstop, at least from your camera shot perspective..

As Bob says, you'll need to figure in upward angle of dangle or it will go high for sure for a ground shot to that roof ridge...

jmo

I have a bunch of squirrels around.. I used to kill everyone I saw but lately just letting the neighbor kill em and hawks get em..

If I put up a feeder I know they will come to it.. Then I got to be on patrol.. We'll see if he suns tomorrow morning and.. Oh and I did shoot a sighter ( well 2 sighters) she's 1/4" high at 25 yds.. I'm good with that..Gonna go for the brain if I do shoot, since its a .177...

Depends On,

Does the wife like squirrel to eat or to look at?

Does the roof already leak?

Do you have any neighbors on that side?

You like or dislike them?

all in jest. :)

That's too funny!!

:)

Looks like a great spot to shoot from. Don't let the fact that it's a squirrel psych you out.......just pretend it's a paper target and you won't miss. Anything less than a 10 degree angle of incline at that distance won't make a difference.