• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Would you consider an 8-year old air rifle, "old"?

Hi all. the first PCP air rifle I ever owned is my Gen 1 Benjamin Marauder .22 that I bought from Airguns of Arizona back in Jan of 2013 - for $419. In Feb of 2017, I installed a Lane regulator in it. But since I got my FX Royale 400 in April of 2017, this 8-year old m-rod has been sitting in my gun cabinet.

The reason I pulled it out was because my new Nomad II 4500 air compressor showed up today and I wanted to try it out on something, so I grabbed the old m-rod. After airing it up to 3000 psi, I shot ten Crosman Premier Ultra Mag pellets through it. The average mass of the 10 pellets was 14.3 gr and their average velocity was 941 fps. That old gun is putting out 28.12 ft-lbs of energy.

I'd forgotten that the pressure reading on the m-rod's gauge was the pressure in the regulator and not what was in the air cylinder. As the m-rod aired up, it never exceeded 2000 psi, thankfully the Nomad II shut off at 3000 psi (what I set it to.) I need to shoot a string to see where it falls off the regulator,

My Royale 400 likes 21.3 gr H & N Sport Baracuda Match pellets and produces 32.94 fpe (the avg velocity was 834.5 fps). I'm gonna try those in the m-rod tomorrow to see how it does.

I referred to my 8-year old m-rod as my "old" m-rod - do you consider an 8-year old air rifle, "old"?

BTW, the Nomad II 4500 air compressor worked flawlessly.

Yes too old. Send it to me. I will give it a proper burial! 😄. Fun to "re-discover" how much fun those "old" guns are! My Hatsan is only 5 now, but it gets trigger time all summer long (and pesting in the off season). Of course it is really my go-to as I don't have much else to shoot as far as rifles go (a Wildfire for plinking and a Phantom for missing everything I aim at)

Winchester Mdl 425. .22 cal. Made in 1968. Just got this a few months ago.
It’s my oldest air gun. 
Fun to shoot and accurate. So I’m saying No , 8 years is not old in “gun years “ 😂
F7526B98-AE38-4768-B299-D3903E4C5BDB.1612837080.jpeg