Huben Would you buy a Huben Carbine ?

Wold you buy a Huben Carbine ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes! I’d definitely be interested in a wood stock carbine conversion for the GK1. I saw a picture of a Buck Rail tactical carbine conversion of the GK1 and it didn’t look too bad but prefer a wood stock over the plastic collapsible foldable tactical stocks.

The GK1 as a pistol doesn’t interest me that much because I struggle with shooting pistols anymore with my aging eyes. A scope would help but I never cared for scopes on pistols. Some guys like to put rifle scopes on pistols and that great and all but if I’m going to put a rifle scope on a pistol it may as well have a shoulder stock too.

Here’s a mock up of what I’d personally like to see. I think and option for a slightly longer air cylinder and barrel would be good too. Sorry my mock ups aren’t 100% to scale and the Rink shoulder stock I pasted on isn’t correct for the GK1 either but I think it represents what I personally like fairly well. Very reminiscent of a TC Contender/Encore carbine rifle in my opinion which I personally like. I have a couple other air guns similarly built and really enjoy them. Semi auto isn’t high on my priorities but I can see how this could be a lot of fun.
I do hope Rink will make a shoulder stock for the GK1. I’d certainly be interested

GK1 Pistol Carbines.png

It would’ve been better to ask this question specifically to those who like the gk1/k1 platform. All other opinions are useless considering they’re from folks who could care less about the huben platform and would never buy one.

I’m not a bullpup fan but liked the k1 enough to deal with it. I’ll probably be selling it once a good carbine conversion kit comes out.

I voted no but I think a Huben carbine has a market. I don't really want a semi-automatic and I don't like the fixed magazine it seems to require. I think the Huben firing mechanism is a great innovation and would like to see it on a side cocking gun. I guess it would something like a Red Wolf with the gun handling the firing separately and the cocking motion loading the next pellet.
I actually really like the fixed mag

@sb327 @Nomadic Pirate 66 As long as the air tube comes appart easily, which it should if there is a regulator in it, then it would be easy to shorten and put a new thread - with an access to a lathe or a machinist.
But sometimes they are impossible to take apart (nicely), I don't know what the situation with the K1 is.
It would be quite easy to set it up shorter (with a lathe). The tube I’m using is for a k1, the ends are from my gk1. I can shorten it in the future if I decide to and I may.

Dave

I'm not sure why Huben has not gone the 'tactical' route. In the world of dragon breathers there is a mythical critter known by some as AR and by others it is unmentionable. The LEGO configuration, its absolutely so pleasing as you can shape the platform how U like. I just recently got into air rifles again ... springers and now PCP$. While I like 'wood' or traditional Mauser like platforms, the tactical approach with multi-calibers in semi-auto is simply wonderful - lights, bipods, grips, cameras, multiple optics, and maybe even the forgotten bayonet! Never really had much experience with full auto ... only in the National Guard for a short experience. The two to three round burst works. With less mechanical movement in PCP, I suspect some super options coming soon for most of us. Carbine or short barreled rifles work best for me these days. Due to limitations imposed constantly over the decades etc, I find most of my shooting for paper, pests, or game happening under 100 yards and most 50 to 20 yards - backyard, basement, truck-gun. I see Huben is having alot of positive reations to their pistol plateform. Seen the fellow on uTube that shoots sky rats and he made a stock that was simple and made for a short & accurate package with the Huben GK1 pistol. Not sure, but someone may have mentioned its unregulated versus regulated. SB327's image up in this thread looks awesome IMHO.