Huben Would you buy a Huben Carbine ?

Wold you buy a Huben Carbine ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
voted NO !! because i'm a hunter....1 shot at a time, no need for SA
Good thing you can shoot one round and that's it if you want, you have choices.

And with this kind of precision out of a Pistol a 15"-17" carbine would be phenomenal

I voted yes due to that being the format I’ve wanted for awhile from Huben. I got my GK1 for the sole purpose of transforming it to a carbine. I have the necessary goodies to do it…just time now. I’ve got most of the trigger guard/stock mount blocked out and mounted. I installed a free float tube over the barrel which is needed to support the air reservoir since I’m not doing a full stock.

It won’t be regged at first unless I find I want one.

It’ll have ar grip and folding stock.

Dave

Had the pup. Not a fan of very high fill pressures, though I did fill mine lower. For my purposes, the novelty wore off quickly of SA. That and a couple leaks early on soured me a little on it.
The pistol looks really cool, but not for me. I live remote and can scratch that itch with 22LR
I would give a serious look at a carbine, though. Something in the 20fpe range in .22 cal that I would fill to 3500psi and get a lot of shots and use for plinking and small game duty around the house. Would prefer it with a smaller bottle opposed to a tube, but that's just personal preference.

their are so many proven platforms out now , WHY ? I think a better choice for new research would be to make the GK1 more affordable .
Because I’m a builder/tinkerer and it’s what I want. I could have started with a k1 but it’s more expensive.

The platform is proven, I’m only changing the way it interfaces with me.

Dave

voted NO !! because i'm a hunter....1 shot at a time, no need for SA
They’re all one shot at a time, even full auto, the variable being the time needed between shots to cycle. The same argument can be made against using a magazine. Are you handicapping your Vulcan 3 for hunting by using a single shot loader?

They’re all one shot at a time, even full auto, the variable being the time needed between shots to cycle. The same argument can be made against using a magazine. Are you handicapping your Vulcan 3 for hunting by using a single shot loader?
yes for long range hunting pest birds. still no need for a second shot because the others fly off from the impact when it hits the bird and it falls.

I voted no but I think a Huben carbine has a market. I don't really want a semi-automatic and I don't like the fixed magazine it seems to require. I think the Huben firing mechanism is a great innovation and would like to see it on a side cocking gun. I guess it would something like a Red Wolf with the gun handling the firing separately and the cocking motion loading the next pellet.

their are so many proven platforms out now , WHY ? I think a better choice for new research would be to make the GK1 more affordable .
Yes of course there's other platforms out, but I for one not interested in any of them and after getting the pistol I'm now drawn to the rifle version but I'm not a big Pups fan,

there's plenty members that after getting the Huben got rid of everything else and sticking with the platform, I know pups are all the rave nowadays but was wandering if Huben fans would be interested in a different variation of the platform.

Yeah this poll I guess is more directed to the members that is really into Huben, of course many, many don't care for it and I guess they aren't interested regardless of the variations of the gun.

This is the bits I’ve got so far, of course it needs some work. I still have to take care of the trigger/linkage. I need a shroud to reservoir band. And some more whittling on the trigger guard for looks.

It’s a 20” barrel due to getting it past the reservoir, so a touch longer than I really wanted but not too bad.

Dave
IMG_5421.jpeg