• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Would the FX Wildcat make a good Lefty rifle?

No, the Wildcat isn't suited for left handed shooters. The cheek rest can't be switched to the right side due to the design of the magazine and cocking lever. The magazine can only be inserted from the right side and part of it remains exposed when seated. Lastly, the cocking leaver can't be moved to the opposite side.

The Bobcat is better suited to left handed shooters.

I am left handed and prefer the lever action on the right side and with it much more forward, my first impression is it would work great for lefties. Same goes for the Vulcan. I had not considered the cheek rest. I hope to get down to Az this fall to shoulder it and see how it feels. It is tough to make these decision on these high end guns without even knowing if they will fit you. Scott, thanks for the insight.
Best of luck with your decision hotdoggin,

Doc

Although I shoot right handed, I'm a natural lefty and had a go using my WC in my left shoulder.
It's great. The lightness means you can keep your trigger hand in place and re-cock with your right hand, while keeping more or less on target.

The 'comb' is a little odd that way round, but the magazine didn't leave dents in my face. If I had wanted to stick with L hand shooting, I would make a 3/4 pipe, sliding cover for the comb and magazine from some plumbing supplies, or an old spice or herb container from the kitchen. Perhaps the 3D printer guys will come up with something.

But the cocking lever being well forwards means that it is not an issue, it is a bonus.

If you doubt me, right handers should try holding their gun as normal and imagine the cocking lever being on the LEFT, it would be great! At least I think so.

Thanks y'all !!! Well I went with a used Bobcat .25 from AofA : ) I don't have any dealers near me in South Georgia so I just had to watch every YouTube video plus have been reading pcp blogs checking out websites "this one being the best" . I will be the only person I know with a pcp rifle here . It was a very spendy risk but hopefully the guys at AofA are as awesome as they seem on YouTube . I can't wait to get this thing ! ok look at what we are dealing with down here in the South : )
imagepng

Hello sorry for my slow response . I have been working two jobs ! Lane ! But just what I have to do to keep the lights on in my Dojo/house : ) I am in Statesboro GA ! You're right there ain't many Georgians that seem to be into the PCP scene : ) Glad you found this site it's a good one . What are plinking with pcp,break barrel,pump action ? Shoot Yeah if your in ga let me know and see what we can put together !

"MarkUK"Although I shoot right handed, I'm a natural lefty and had a go using my WC in my left shoulder.
It's great. The lightness means you can keep your trigger hand in place and re-cock with your right hand, while keeping more or less on target.

If you doubt me, right handers should try holding their gun as normal and imagine the cocking lever being on the LEFT, it would be great! At least I think so.
@MarkUK, totally agree. My son is left eye biased , and although right handed has learned for himself that shooting left handed with right handed cocking on our Daystate Mk4 is an advantage, not a problem. I recently shot an AT Vulcan, right handed, with it's simply changeable cocking lever. I had expected to be more comfortable with the lever on the right, as usual, but after only 5 minutes of swapping over, I was a convert to the "right hand pistol hold, left hand cocking". So much so I will be researching gunsmiths that might be able to swap the Wildcat to left cocking..... just like my FX Verminator