• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Worth doing anything with

So I have a break barrel gun I picked up from walmart or kmart back in the day...it is probably 28 years old or so. I put an crappy scope on it because my eye sight is not 20/20 like when I got it. When I got it I did not like the finish so I stripped, sanded, restrained, and seal coated it. Even so it is 28 years old.

Doesn't seem to be very accurate anymore, though it does kill squirrels from time to time.

Is it worth tearing down and rebuilding, or I should I just try to donate it to some family?

1.1647210122.JPG

2.1647210230.JPG

3.1647210242.JPG

4.1647210352.JPG

I guess that depends on how emotionally attached you are. Big box stores don't usually sell much in the way of decent springers or PCPs.

Parts for that old of a gun may or may not be hard to get hold of so you would need to check into that option first.

But you do have your gun looking really nice and that is a good place to start from.

Some piston seals are inexpensive and if you are doing your own werq, and that is all it needs, it could be quite a painless adventure money wise. 

If you need a spring you may be able to find that on a budget also. So then it would be worth it to most people.

In the end whether it is worth it or not is all in your eyes cuz the rest of us just don't matter. ;^)

Oh, and give the barrel a good cleaning, and test a few different pellets, before you go off the deep end in tearing into it.

That’s cool. I didn’t know Daisy ever marketed a break barrel. There is some info online, doesn’t look like a lot of parts are available, but likely just needs a little TLC (checking seal, spring, barrel clean, and a little lubrication). I did find a schematic of it. Doesn’t look too complicated to remove spring and piston (but looks can be deceiving). My vote is to keep, refurb if needed, and use.

https://www.jgairguns.biz/1170-c-78_186_1054/