• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Worst scope You Own/Owned... Ready Set Vote!

1590986212_13202002645ed485e441f685.11432256.jpeg
Hey there guys, 

I posted a thread a bit ago called “Worst Airgun you ever owned”... now it is time to learn from you all about the worst scopes you ever owned!

Same rules apply...

1: post pics if you got them

2 tell us about your experience with your worst scope you ever owned

AWWww thats EASY its the scope that came free with my old CROSMAN 2100 classic pumper. The skinny CROSMAN one that sold for $2.99 back in the day that were marketed for rimfires too with those 22 tiny rings already on them? My reticle broke and I just put a dot with a SHARPIE and used it for a little while till I got my first decent scope a Simmons 22 MAG 4x AO that cost more than the rifle. Yo!

Trinity Force from Big5 sporting goods. I first bought a red dot on sale for $39, it couldn't be sighted in so I took it back for store credit because I lost my receipt. Then got a 3-9 and it wouldn't track correctly. I kept my receipt and got my $ back.

Interestingly enough I bought a U.S. Optics 3.2-17x50 for $1700 and it had seriously poor glass. I sent it back and it was slightly better but still bad so I sold it at a loss.

The 1959 Airsporter Mk2 And Meteor Mk1 are the first airguns ever offered with scope mounting dovetails! 15.5mm dovetails. Unfortunately the plastic scope BSA first offered (shown) is the biggest piece of crap to ever adorn ANY gun. All plastic except the fixing clamp and screws; When you sight the gun in the crosshairs move in the scope view. No telling how far off center it will be when properly? adjusted. The turrets are plastic junk. The whole scope seems like it was built for a "made in Japan" child's toy that would have been purchased from a five and dime store (younger guys think "made in China from Toys are Us"Lol!)..This is the poorest example of a scope ever offered anywhere for sure. The Mk2 Airsporter and Mk1 Meteor (THE best Meteor ever made eventually becoming a real crappo junker as imported by Ithaca in the 70's. Later somewhat redeemed by some OKish subsequent models ) are fine airguns in their own right. They certainly deserved something better. I have one of the scopes around here somewhere. It came on one of my Mk2 Airsporters. It really does look like something you could get at Walmart for $3.95 to mount on a $4.95 plastic cap gun rifle for a last minute Dec 24 at 12:30pm 7year old Christmas gift after the shelves are picked bare instead of feeling guilty for showing up empty handed. 

The Mk1 Airsporter (released in 1948), Mk2 Airsporter (1959-65) are beautiful rifles. The Mk1 Meteor is like a British Diana 27. A little gem.

c9aaddd5658cdc53a85c3ed47438cb3d.jpg
356b659a79346598f42657988e2917d2.jpg
4673f68a9664c749c0a9bf9a8d59a8d2.jpg
061eab9b3c59fe8cbbccc7a4042fb061.jpg

The 1959 Airsporter Mk2 And Meteor Mk1 are the first airguns ever offered with scope mounting dovetails! 15.5mm dovetails. Unfortunately the plastic scope BSA first offered (shown) is the biggest piece of crap to ever adorn ANY gun. All plastic except the fixing clamp and screws; When you sight the gun in the crosshairs move in the scope view. No telling how far off center it will be when properly? adjusted. The turrets are plastic junk. The whole scope seems like it was built for a "made in Japan" child's toy that would have been purchased from a five and dime store (younger guys think "made in China from Toys are Us"Lol!)..This is the poorest example of a scope ever offered anywhere for sure. The Mk2 Airsporter and Mk1 Meteor (THE best Meteor ever made eventually becoming a real crappo junker as imported by Ithaca in the 70's. Later somewhat redeemed by some OKish subsequent models ) are fine airguns in their own right. They certainly deserved something better. I have one of the scopes around here somewhere. It came on one of my Mk2 Airsporters. It really does look like something you could get at Walmart for $3.95 to mount on a $4.95 plastic cap gun rifle for a last minute Dec 24 at 12:30pm 7year old Christmas gift after the shelves are picked bare instead of feeling guilty for showing up empty handed. 

The Mk1 Airsporter (released in 1948), Mk2 Airsporter (1959-65) are beautiful rifles. The Mk1 Meteor is like a British Diana 27. A little gem.

c9aaddd5658cdc53a85c3ed47438cb3d.jpg
356b659a79346598f42657988e2917d2.jpg
4673f68a9664c749c0a9bf9a8d59a8d2.jpg
061eab9b3c59fe8cbbccc7a4042fb061.jpg

Holy cow. Thanks for sharing

Hatsan Optima 3-12X50, came with my Hatsan flash. I ended up going through 3 of them because the objective lens adjustment was extremely snug while trying to adjust on the fly. It was frustrating because I wasn’t able to to easily adjust with my non trigger hand. I’d have to use both hands to hold the gun and twist the lens.

Sometimes you can get some silicone oil in there to lubricate that o ring. You probably shouldn't have to do it to a new scope though. 

Worst scope I've owned was a 4-16 power Hawke. I already forgot the model because it's sitting somewhere in my house collecting dust. The eye box was very sensitive and optical clarity was really bad above 10X. Ted made them seem so good. I'll never buy a Hawke scope again and I'll take reviews from paid shills with a grain of salt. 

Reactions: thumper
I had a BSA on a centerfire rifle once. I missed a very easy shot on a buck from a sitting position. After that I shot at a rock out a hundred yards on a hillside. Missed by 3 feet. I went to unscrew the up / down turret cap and heard click, click, click. The cap was stuck and I was adjusting the scope. I have never purchased another BSA product.