Worst Airgun you Own/Owned

Ruger Impact. 

Even though I should not have attempted to shoot from inside the house out to the yard, in an ill attempt to gain some extra yardage and some shooting time before my daughters Middle school friends showed up for a sleep over, I decided to test some pellets.

my newly discovered range had a 25 yd clear line of sight, absolutely nothing in the way of the pellet. Nothing except for the fix pane on the patio's sliding door at about 15 yds from my bench rest position tucked all the way backed against the garage door. After settling in and sighting in, I had a flyer so bad that the pellet impacted the glass about 6" away from the complete opposite side of the door opening and about eye level high when standing right in front of it. I know this because, I must have stood there looking at a perfect .22 hole with the waining sunlight highlighting every crack in the glass for what must have been at least an hour. The whole time wondering how this was even possible, how I would explain things, and worse yet how I would fix things. I stood there and wondered helplessly unable to to take any sort of action. Stood there, until the vibration and the draft from my wife coming in with the girls thru the front door caused the spidered glass to let go and scatter all over the kitchen floor.

The sound of the cascading glass sprung me back to life and I quickly ran and closed the door leading from the kitchen to the garage. I stood in the middle of the kitchen and as soon as my wife turned into the kitchen with a panicked wild look in her face, I exclaimed, "what did you do?, Did you slam the front door?" Her eyes, settled and I could see she was onto me. without loosing her cool she directed the kids to my daughters bedroom and helped me clean up the mess. She didn't say a word and neither did I. I covered up the opening with some heavy plastic and made things safe for the girls to use the kitchen. The next morning I packed the rifle up and back to walmart it went. 'til this day my wife hasn't asked what really happened, only because I think she's known all along and is waiting to spring it on me one of these days. It's been about 6 years.... any day now...

Yep!!!! I remember when it had all the hype. I could be mistaken but pretty sure I remember positive forum feedback as well. Interesting how that marketing played out.

Totally, even Ted did a review of it. He was at least honest because he marketed it as an entry level gun, whereas everyone else like that Rick guy on Expert Airgun Review gushed over it just like he did for the Gamo line of magnums :/

I know this is topic is a few months old but this seems like the right place to share worst experiences. Mine is not Hatsan or Benjamin or the common brands on this post. My worst experience has been with Brocock. My wife bought a used contour G6 for me for Christmas 2018. Since the two years I've owned it, I have never been able to put more than two magazines through it before something goes wrong. Usually I'd team up with the original owner to see if we could troubleshoot the problem. However, once he was out of ideas we decided to see if we could get it serviced. While visiting family in Utah I took it to Airguns of Utah and they said they don't service them anymore. Airguns of Arizona responded that they would have to order parts from the UK but that they had no estimate as to when or even if they would get them. So I've been stuck with a nice looking airgun that is supposed to be really nice but needs servicing that no one in the states can do (that I know of). I guess if I lived in the UK I could send it to Brocock for servicing but at this point for a couple hundred dollars, but I would rather not spend anymore time or effort on what feels like a dead end proposition. 

nobody has mentioned this little cracker

gat.1620266622.jpg

the gat

Benji np regal, hard cocking, bad trigger etc…. Tried a trigger mod, but when I went to cock it, I had only the front screws in the stock….instant broke barrel gun. I won’t be looking for a new stock for this one, so if someone wants low mileage parts, I’m your guy. The upside is it helped usher in the pcp period for me, Gamo urban then upward (or downward into the rabbit hole). 

Scott