Worst Airgun you Own/Owned

Hw30 the worst air rifle I have owned. It was a lemon but on a particular day when it wanted to was very accurate but most of the time was unreliable especially for pesting. Bought it new and in approx 4 months it finally turned up its toes, traded it for a new HW50S in 22 cal very happy.

I’m especially mindful that many people have a great respect for the 30 but I won’t be buying one again. I liken it to a Ford I bought new many many years ago. It spent more time in the workshop then in my garage. Never bought another Ford.

Hw30 the worst air rifle I have owned. It was a lemon but on a particular day when it wanted to was very accurate but most of the time was unreliable especially for pesting. Bought it new and in approx 4 months it finally turned up its toes, traded it for a new HW50S in 22 cal very happy.

I’m especially mindful that many people have a great respect for the 30 but I won’t be buying one again. I liken it to a Ford I bought new many many years ago. It spent more time in the workshop then in my garage. Never bought another Ford.

Thanks for sharing. I have always wanted a 30. I’ve also kept my eyes on the 35 for a while in .177, but I’ve hesitated for pesting issues since the FPE is so low with those velocities. That is why I went to the HW95. Glad you got something better. 

Must have been the barrel pivot tension lateral wobble syndrome airgunners were complaining about some years ago. HW probably remedied it by now. Yo!

Must have been the barrel pivot tension lateral wobble syndrome airgunners were complaining about some years ago. HW probably remedied it by now. Yo!

The pivot bolt was one of the issues however the rifle was purchased new in 2019 so to me it was an on going fault. Other issues were change in poi with each shooting session. Would shoot high in morning and low in afternoon. I took the rifle apart and cleaned out all the factory grease thinking that would fix the poi issues but it continued albeit not as bad. Certainly not the scope as I changed that as well.

After about 6000 pellets it started to make grinding noises when cocking and after another tear down and more molly that noise lessened but didn’t go. The pin that holds the cocking arm close to the compression chamber was galling with the arm and the piston was galling with the compression chamber. Then I lost the trigger adjustment screw even after using locktite. The final decider was the shoe or foot that pushes the piston broke rendering the rifle unshootable. The shop where I bought sent it back to Weihrauch. So Yo it was no go.😂

Gary