Worst Airgun you Own/Owned

As noted, I've had good luck with all of my Hatsan guns-have 3 now. And unlike several have mentioned, I've had 2 Crosman 760's over the years and neither was what I would recall as "bad", though it has been a long time ago. Two rifles that I was unsatisfied with were a switch barrel Beeman (which seems like a good idea but mine did not shoot well at all with one barrel and was only OK with the other) and a Benjamin NP Trail that wouldn't do better than maybe 4" groups at 20 yards. I've read where others have had good service out of both of those guns that didn't work for me. All relative but Hatsans do seem to generate lots of complaints.

The worst gun I owned was my Impact. I jumped on the train as soon as they were available so it was partially my fault. At 2k I didn’t feel I should have to tear it apart to fix it so all the shipping made things worse. If I would have hung it on my wall like a $2,000 piece of art for a year, things would have been better. Much more info would have been available to me. I don’t get mad at crap guns because with all the info available, you should know what you are getting going in. Even though some choose to ignore the bad because they want it so much. Early 80’s Webleys, Beemans and FWB’s were my first springers so the Walmart Gamo’s and other crap might as well be garden rakes as far as I was concerned. Never ventured into that world of frustration.

Probably smart. The Beeman and the Benjamin were my least expensive rifles and I wasn't happy with either. The Hatsan 125 I have is powerful and more than accurate enough and hasn't failed in any way for over a year. Well worth the money in my case. So a different world there for me. And my Hatsan Gladius has been an excellent shooter and performer, even though it weighs a ton and I did do some modifications to improve it, though nothing major. But your post above just illustrates that "paying more for more" may not be the answer for everyone.

Probably smart. The Beeman and the Benjamin were my least expensive rifles and I wasn't happy with either. The Hatsan 125 I have is powerful and more than accurate enough and hasn't failed in any way for over a year. Well worth the money in my case. So a different world there for me. And my Hatsan Gladius has been an excellent shooter and performer, even though it weighs a ton and I did do some modifications to improve it, though nothing major. But your post above just illustrates that "paying more for more" may not be the answer for everyone.

No, but it does work for me. I bought an HW95 for $380 bucks from AOA, and it will be around in 50 years. Your Hatsans probably won’t be. Maybe. But probably not. So I’m actually paying a little more now, but saving over time. Plus I get to have the nicer gun.

Wow, $380 bucks. "It will be around in 50 years". Possbily, possibly not. I also own a couple of Weihrauch's, a few Diana's, and other "better' air guns. Many cost well over your "$380 bucks". Are those guns manufactured to a higher quality level? Yes. Do they represent a better value in general? Maybe, maybe not. And does any of that make the Hatsans that I have that work just fine less functional? No. They function just fine and could for any number of years, at a very good cost. Your "probably" holds no value other than in your mind. And just as your view of what works for you is fine for you, my view of what works for me is also fine. Many people have used Hatsan products with success, and many have also had problems with them. All relative. And as the referred post notes, even the "best" can be problematic and have been for many people. Including FX, including Daystate, and including Weihrauch. Common sense.

Yes people have problems with various brands, even high end ones. Point to me in this thread a Weihrauch listed as someone’s worst gun or having a bad experience. Now point to all the Hatsans people are having problems with in this thread alone. I don’t need to argue the quality/reliability over price/marketing, as these posts speak for themselves. 

$380 isn’t cheap, but it isn’t expensive. I too own other rifles, but my point that I am trying to make is that there are entry level guns at a reasonable price point that does afford you quality. $380 bucks is pretty dang affordable, much more so than an air rifle that busts or is of such poor quality, and then you have to buy another one or go for a higher end platform the second time around because you are skeptical of anything moderately priced.

But hey, like you said, it is all relative. I personally really like the heaviness/look of the Hatsans, especially the Walnut wood. After this thread, however, I will not be buying one unless I get convinced otherwise. I would be saying the same thing about Weihrauch if I saw the majority of the posts about Weihrauch, but I don’t. Instead I see a lot of issues with Hatsan as people’s “worst gun.”

Like I said my worst was a Ruger Impact Max, but the crazy thing is that at least isn’t broken. Hatsan broke on me the second shot, in two places; I would still rank that Hatsan Torpedo 155 as my second worst rifle merely because I am giving the company a break In anowledgment that sometimes you get a bad apple, every company does. Still, there are a lot of bad apples here...

Hatsan 125 .... Absolutely TRASH . Gave it away less than a week after buying it new . Noisy , poorly built , hard to cock , and couldn't hit a coffee can at 20 yards . Made the Gauntlet look like a Mercedes

I had the same experience with the Hatsan 155 Torpedo. Loved the stock, but what a piece of junk.

I’ve owned two of those Beeman breakbarrel guns with interchangeable barrels .... bought one, And it was so bad it was difficult for me to GIVE it away til i worked on It some to make it at least usable.

I got another dirt cheap on sale just to see if they had improved ... nope! Gave IT away too!

My friend had really bad luck with, I think, the Beeman Kodiak with the interchangeable barrels. Couldn’t hit anything with the .177 but had luck with the .22 for some reason. 

Sorry to hear that. What did you buy as a replacement?

I'll be different. Not cuz I wanna be. Just worked out thataway.

I don't have a worst air gun, nor do I have a best/favorite air gun. They've all worked out well! Even the B-3, which was the first one I owned...it was gifted to me. Each one is different, but I enjoy shooting each and every one!

So if you had every rifle in your truck, and a thief came and stole one, you wouldn’t care which one? They are all equal?

I think I'd be happy that they didn't steal them all.

I just had a guy break into my wife’s car. Infuriating to say the least. But hey at least you like all your rifles equally. What rifles do you have?

Well, Ell Tee, I'm mostly a break barrel kind of guy, but all of these are in .22... TX200, HW97K, LGU, 460, HW57, D34, XS46U, Terrus, R1, a couple of Quest 1000's in .177, and a B-3 in .22. Not really counting the .177's in my opinion given earlier, I don't consider them to be my serious rifles...

Those are pretty much all my favorite break barrels. Nice collection. 

The worst gun I owned was my Impact. I jumped on the train as soon as they were available so it was partially my fault. At 2k I didn’t feel I should have to tear it apart to fix it so all the shipping made things worse. If I would have hung it on my wall like a $2,000 piece of art for a year, things would have been better. Much more info would have been available to me. I don’t get mad at crap guns because with all the info available, you should know what you are getting going in. Even though some choose to ignore the bad because they want it so much. Early 80’s Webleys, Beemans and FWB’s were my first springers so the Walmart Gamo’s and other crap might as well be garden rakes as far as I was concerned. Never ventured into that world of frustration.

Thanks for sharing. I always hear people recommend that rifle, and I’ve always given it thought. But it costs more than my M4 Platforms :/ I can either have a perfect AR-15 or an impact. Hmm let me pick. 

Have to disagree with many choices here, as one mans junk is another mans treasure...I have both Gamo and Crossman NP, I polished internals, lubed, buttoned pistons, stiffened barrels with Carbon Fiber, re crowned now 1/4 to 1/2 inch groups all day at 30 yards...Yes they where raw out the box, like anything can be improved with a little TLC...With the NP I custom stained the stock and it is now one of my favorite and most beautiful guns...

1589512345_2015701665ebe0899b796e9.77785021.JPG

1589512382_13474502195ebe08be669506.46279365.jpg

1589512396_20000823715ebe08ccbbcb77.16530755.jpg

1589512408_19643553095ebe08d8d5d4f3.97956792.jpg

How can you disagree? Its their opinion.

Because it's my opinion :)

Ah ok so its your opinion that their opinion is wrong with their experience with their guns.

Glem Its my opinion that the guns / brands mentioned can be gems with a little love, based on my own personal experience... That was the gist of my post nothing less nothing more...Was looking at it from a glass half full perspective...Which is probably a good thing in these times...

Have to disagree with many choices here, as one mans junk is another mans treasure...I have both Gamo and Crossman NP, I polished internals, lubed, buttoned pistons, stiffened barrels with Carbon Fiber, re crowned now 1/4 to 1/2 inch groups all day at 30 yards...Yes they where raw out the box, like anything can be improved with a little TLC...With the NP I custom stained the stock and it is now one of my favorite and most beautiful guns...

1589512345_2015701665ebe0899b796e9.77785021.JPG

1589512382_13474502195ebe08be669506.46279365.jpg

1589512396_20000823715ebe08ccbbcb77.16530755.jpg

1589512408_19643553095ebe08d8d5d4f3.97956792.jpg

How can you disagree? Its their opinion.

Because it's my opinion :)

Ah ok so its your opinion that their opinion is wrong with their experience with their guns.

Glem Its my opinion that the guns / brands mentioned can be gems with a little love, based on my own personal experience... That was the gist of my post nothing less nothing more...Was looking at it from a glass half full perspective...Which is probably a good thing in these times...

I think that is a great perspective. Lots of these guns can be tuned into beautiful instruments by knowledgeable shooters as several of you have displayed. It is okay to say you think X is the worst gun you have ever had, and the next person to think X is the best. This isn’t a science. We have a lot of cool anecdotes here and everyone that is contributing is creating a good account of info for people to either buy or avoid certain products based on their judgement. 

Thanks for sharing. I always hear people recommend that rifle, and I’ve always given it thought. But it costs more than my M4 Platforms :/ I can either have a perfect AR-15 or an impact. Hmm let me pick.

Well it won’t take a genius to figure out which one your great grandchildren would be able to dust off and shoot. That’s why Ed from Edgun calls airguns toys. One of the smartest statements I ever heard on this forum. A Remington 700, AR15, not toys. Investments.

Well it won’t take a genius to figure out which one your great grandchildren would be able to dust off and shoot. That’s why Ed from Edgun calls airguns toys. One of the smartest statements I ever heard on this forum. A Remington 700, AR15, not toys. Investments.

Exactly, exactly my thoughts man. They are toys. They are fun toys, but they are still toys. Some of the toys are better made. Some of them worse.