Worst Airgun you Own/Owned

Well, I guess I'm the exception, I got back into air guns about three years ago, the high prices and shortages of Rimfire and centerfire firearms and ammunition coupled with the Covid lockdowns all helped to drive me in the direction of air guns, I had been using an airsoft clone of the 1911 for training and practice, I also had a late seventies model Sheridan Blue Streak, and a .177 Webley & Scott springer air pistol.

My first purchase getting back into it was a GAMO Swarm .22 cal. Gen 1 Bone Collector, it shoots great but needed some trigger work, my next was a Ruger Impact Max Elite on sale from MidwayUSA, a beautiful little .22 cal. air rifle, it too had a horrible trigger (must have been 8 pounds or so) then on an impulse I purchased a Crosman Vantage .177 cal. rifle, all are gas piston rifles, all came with bad triggers and junk bundle scopes, next was another impulse buy, a Hatsan mod.95 in .22 cal., a springer (can you tell I'm a sucker for blued steel and beautiful wood), each in turn got their triggers reworked to a reasonable 1-1/2 ~ 2-1/2 pounds, each got new Hawkes, UTG, and RWS scopes, had their barrels cleaned and lubed before shooting, and all were tested with different pellets to get the right match.

All of them are individuals, no two shoot alike, all have been great shooters, very accurate and extremely reliable, my last purchase was several weeks ago, it's a beautiful, lightweight, .177 cal. Beeman R-7 Elite which came with a 3x9x32 AO mill dot scope, the scope so far is extra clear (even at the higher power levels) and the settings are positive and sure, it came mounted on the gun and sighted in for 10 meters, the gun was also tested for velocity with 20 shots, it isn't broken in yet but shoots nickel sized groups at 25 yds. all day long.

I also have two Crosman carbines, a 2240 Co2 pistol/carbine with a 14.5" barrel and shoulder stock, and a Crosman 1322 Drifter pistol/carbine with the same 14.5 barrel powered by a pneumatic pump action, I like the 2240 Co2 gun allot, The Drifter is accurate and reliable, but if I had to name one gun that I didn't like it would be the Drifter, it has a very narrow pump handle and it is too hard to pump to make it a fun gun.

If I was asked to comment on all the complaints about all the different guns mentioned above, I have to say that I think there are way more careless shooters than there are bad guns, if more attention were given to regular cleaning (every 500 shots)) a little lube on the lever joints and breech blocks, and checking the tightness of stock and scope screws, along with the smoothing of triggers and actions there would be allot more happy shooter and far less bad guns.

Fx revolution . In and out of fx usa 5 times in 6 years.The gun was 1600. And the 5 visits 1400.

Quoting myself from page #2

I don't even have to think twice about it! An FX Revolution was by far and away the worst of any AG I've owned! It broke 3 times within a years time with less than a tin of pellets through it! AOA did me good at the end of the situation/warranty, by giving me most of my original cost back in trade towards a FX Royale.

A year ago I traded into a Steyr ProX semi which has been a great gun. Though twice the price of the Rev was. At least my itch for a good semi has been scratched!

Hatsan Galatian 1.77 Magazines are worse than useless apart from the pellets falling out of the mag , the gun docent cycle the mag properly hence not lining up with the breach so the prob chews the pellets up bits of lead work there way down into the trigger block messing up the anti double feed mechanism . Not sure weather to throw It out of buy a new trigger block mechanism .

I couldn't think of one, then remembered...

Beeman P17.

I thought, all the hi-praised hype, I'll give one a try. The absolute worst trigger in all my years of shooting, both, air and firearms.

I took it apart, filed and polished, better, took it apart again, filed more, polished more, a bit better again. Then thought..."ef-it". it was cheap, I'm done with it. Somewhat accurate, if I was lucky enough to guess where the let-off was going to be, with the LONG pull. I managed to get the pull smooth, and even shorten the trigger pull a bit from outta the box, but it is still Mississippi river long.

Mike

Hatsan 155. Worst bassackwards piece of crap I've ever seen. Breach wouldn't seal. Barrel rattled around in the shroud. Damn thing actually blew the shroud out of the block. Found out, afterwards, that the threads were so undersized, the only thing holding it in was some red thread locker. Unfortunately, by this time, it was past the returnable date, and, I was screwed.

On the other hand, I had a Hatsan 95, that was right as rain.