Worst Airgun you Own/Owned

1589438647_5402428255ebce8b7c517f1.04909919.gif
Very simple. Describe the worst airgun you have ever owned/do own. If you got a picture load it up. If you want to describe an experience or a brand you have an upside down smile for, tell us.

Ready. Set. Vote for the worst!

My vote: Umarex Ruger Impact Max Walmart Special. I still liked it, but very poor accuracy.

I don’t use the word hate often. But that Gamo Viper was my 1st attempt in 2007 at getting into airguns. What a mistake as I had no idea of what I was gonna get into then, or the long run. Dang thing would have walked any scope off as I wasn’t using good mounts, prepping the rail, and new nothing of “tuned” springers. 
That’s the kind of airgun that turns folks off forever and makes them think we’re crazy for spending what we do. 
I will say I bought an OLDER El Gamo 300 & had it tuned by John in PA. Then decided a 7ftlb springer only needs a 11” barrel. Cut & crowned. No choke. Can stack JSB 8.44 at 37 yards with the 1.25x4 fine reticle old Leapers. So old Gamos made in Spain, are okay. New ones, I’m sorry to say are not what a novice should be handed. Only good to practice tuning on IMO.

Hatsan nova star is probably at the top. Only bested by the QB6

Those 2 fail severely for not living up to their intended use/function.

The QB6 had a bad trigger, awful ergonomics, loud, twangy cycle, and was not accurate by any means.

1589453128_9209858215ebd214855c804.54767566.jpg

The nova star had a disappointingly spongy trigger, poor barrel (accuracy), very loud/harsh hammer/valve cycle, and was stupidly front heavy for no discernible reason besides an unnecessarily thick, long barrel, and 4mm thick steel shroud?? Why?

I've done some work to improve all of those problems. But the poor quality and lazy design still lingers here and there

1589453480_17613694185ebd22a8eb8803.43210643.jpg

My first air rifle... Cros 760. Couldn't hit a can at 5 yards consistently. That was 1975 and started my search for something worthy.

Have to side with YO on the B3 for a second place. Had several and some were ok in accuracy but the trigger sears were soft and crude and would usually fail in pretty short order.

Biggest fail for a high end rifle was my wifes Air Arms ProTarget. $1200 in the year 2000 (a LOT of money to me then). Shot worse groups at 30 yards than my Chinese B21 springer w iron sights. After barrel changeout, was a wonderful rifle.

Bob

In a single word: Crosman.

Box store break barrels. Like lighting money on fire. I had Ruger Airhawk years ago that actually shot decent after a tune, but it was at least wood and steelm and a copy of something that didn't suck. Still needed work to be usable. 

Marauder Pistol. Inaccurate, poor tune, trigger was just okay and it was fiddly to work on and leaked. Hated the thing. Fixed the leaks and moved it along. Not worth the money.

The Benjamin Discovery could have been a nice rifle but the trigger ruined it. A Red Ryder has a better trigger than that thing. 

My 30 Caliber Ataman brought from Pyramyd Air absolutely the worst gun i Own. Nice looking gun but just would not stay consisted even with a Huma Reg inside of it.

It shoot at 930 fsp 5 good shots than 960 fps 912 fps all over the place and yes it has been worked on many time in fact i put over $1500 of work into it,

well that's my input

Thanks

Those guns are so beautiful. Dang that sucks about that experience. I’ve never seen one in person.

.177, Ruger Blackhawk. Hates all pellets tried, and I did all the checks for problems. I even installed a Vortec kit, lube and polish. No joy. It was the first springer I took apart and did any tutorial I could find on the D34 style springer, so it wasn’t totally useless.

.22, Walther Parrus. A good group at 10 yards is around an inch, most pellets are worse than that. The barrel is abysmal in this rifle. Push a pellet through, the leade is tight, pellet drops through barrel after it clears the breech block, then tight again about 4inches from muzzle, and after that it is loose through and at muzzle. I would be ashamed to sell it. I was really disappointed after shooting a Walther Terrus, which is an easy to shoot tack driver. I think I will use the Parrus for a bean trellis this year.

Conversely I have a $100 Gamo Big Cat in 25 caliber that is remarkably accurate for a $100 springer. I got it after reading an opinion that it had a hammer forged BSA barrel. It is a very good shooter, prefers H&N pointed pellets of all things.