• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman World's Cheapest PCP

I bought 4 of those sent 2 back and should have sent the other 2 back. Least accurate guns I have ever shot! Crosman better come through with the accuracy this time or I might be done with them for good.
I bought a .22 ICON which is almost as accurate as my .22 Avenger/Nova Liberty/Gamo Urban at 70-75 yards.
I also bought a .177 ICON which is almost as accurate as my .177 Avenger and more accurate than my .177 Nova Liberty or Kral NP03 at 50-55 yards.
It seems that the accuracy depends on luck.

Reactions: Momar2
I bought a .22 ICON which is almost as accurate as my .22 Avenger/Nova Liberty/Gamo Urban at 70-75 yards.
I also bought a .177 ICON which is almost as accurate as my .177 Avenger and more accurate than my .177 Nova Liberty or Kral NP03 at 50-55 yards.
It seems that the accuracy depends on luck.
I'm glad some of you got good ones. On one of my .22s the bore was severely off center by the time it got to the crown. Complete junk in my book. I wish I would have sent them all back instead of wasting a single minute trying to make them better. I'm very bitter about the Icon platform if you can't tell. If I had spent 300 a piece I would never consider Crosman for anything again.

Accuracy is my #1 requirement from any gun air or pb and if it's not then it's useless to me. Repeatability in manufacturing should be job#1 for barrels. I have yet to see an Icon that looked pleasing at the crown regardless of the accuracy report. They are junk. Luck shouldn't come into play. Of course I have expensive rifles but that also revolves around every other part. The barrel is the most important component to me. Historically 22xx barrels have been very accurate for me which is why I latched on to the platform early on. It's been a long time since I have owned anything from that platform other than the 362. This purchase will be a make or break moment for my relationship with Crosman. I don't care what the price point is a barrel should be accurate. I'll never change my mind about that.

Plastic breech, gotta go. Any guesses on the actual valve? I mean, designing another valve for an airgun at this price point doesn't makes sense, so 2240 valve rear end with a disco valve head? What about the fill adapter?
The valve doesn't appear to have screws on the sides like a disco valve. I'm kind of surprised at that but maybe there are 2 screws underneath? Or a larger screw than the 22xx valve. It will definitely be the most interesting part of the componentry.

No adapter it just has a male foster fitting. Really looking like all the pcp's many of us have built already. I have a small bottle with a 1500psi reg I plan to tether for plinking and bench shooting. It does appear to have a hammer spring adjuster which is cool. Curious about the transfer port diameter as well. It'll be interesting to see what kind of power we can get at 2000psi.

Fact of the matter is the "plastic" breeches are not as bad as people make them out to be other than not accepting a scope. They'll work fine with open sights I have used them on several 22xx PCP builds. Kind of like extended probes that people swear by but don't really do much if anything for performance.

The twin barrel bands with grubs are a nice touch.

Reactions: Dogowsky
All Crosman Icons were just recalled. Can't even make this up lol...

Important Safety Information:
Recall of Crosman Icon Air Rifle​

Dear Valued Crosman Customer,

Crosman has received a report of an incident involving a Crosman ICON Air Rifle. While no one was injured, Crosman has decided to recall all Crosman ICON Air Rifles. The affected Crosman Icon air rifles are the following models:

Crosman Icon .177 Caliber, Model CLI177S
Crosman Icon .22 Caliber, Model CLI22S

Our records show that you purchased an affected air rifle directly from Crosman.

We ask that you immediately stop using this product and store it in a safe location. We will be in touch after the government has approved the details of our recall.

Please contact us if you have any immediate questions. You can reach Customer Service by calling 800-724-7486, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm ET.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Crosman Customer Service​

Turn em in, fellas.

Last edited:
Yes. Love the aluminum housing on the 362, hate the plastic, heavy, "non adjustable" trigger. I don't doubt I will slowly deck it out if the platform proves to be worthy. Might even end up with another to outfit with a wood 2260 stock if they don't release a wood version quick enough. I like the shape of the 362 stock better, though.
Drop it in a boyds stock

Drop it in a boyds stock
Negative. I'd make one before I spend that kind of scratch on one! I think since the model number is actually 3622'S' there may be plans for a 3622W. It would be a smart move for them imo.

Where is the manometer located? I don't see one on the rifle.
As far as I know it doesn't have one.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Where is the manometer located? I don't see one on the rifle.
The 3622 is a bare bones and intentionally super simple PCP. It does not have a pressure gauge nor does it need one. It has a 2,000 psi fill and the assumption is that when filling the pump will have a gauge or the pre-teen doing the pumping will run out of steam before the reservoir ever reaches anything nearly dangerous. After that it has been shown in reviews that the rifle will get 24 to 28 good shots on a nice bell curve using CPHP pellets averaging 16 fpe. There is no reason for it to have a pressure gauge other than to make the rifle more complicated, heavy and expensive.

The 3622 is a bare bones and intentionally super simple PCP. It does not have a pressure gauge nor does it need one. It has a 2,000 psi fill and the assumption is that when filling the pump will have a gauge or the pre-teen doing the pumping will run out of steam before the reservoir ever reaches anything nearly dangerous. After that it has been shown in reviews that the rifle will get 24 to 28 good shots on a nice bell curve using CPHP pellets averaging 16 fpe. There is no reason for it to have a pressure gauge other than to make the rifle more complicated, heavy and expensive.
I personally don't care if it has one, and I have/had guns without them. I think for crosman, it's going to be an issue. People will over fill them very easily and then complain the gun doesn't fire. I'm not worried about pre teens without the strength, I'm worried about the dumbass adult children who will overfill it.

I highly doubt it will have an over pressure disc.

I may but one after I see them in reviews on the valve setup. These would be a great gun if it had an Mrod trigger and maybe one of Froggy's multi shot breeches.

I personally don't care if it has one, and I have/had guns without them. I think for crosman, it's going to be an issue. People will over fill them very easily and then complain the gun doesn't fire. I'm not worried about pre teens without the strength, I'm worried about the dumbass adult children who will overfill it.

I highly doubt it will have an over pressure disc.

I may but one after I see them in reviews on the valve setup. These would be a great gun if it had an Mrod trigger and maybe one of Froggy's multi shot breeches.

I doubt it will be a problem, pumps generally have a gauge and this product is intended for hand pumping. And there is an expectation that one might read the Instruction Manual. The pump 362, I mean, you could lose count of the strokes, pump it 14 times instead of 8. The appeal to me is exactly the simplicity and the lack of a gauge is part of that. There are other rifles for those who need a pressure gauge, those buyers can look at the Maruader or the new Prospect.

I doubt it will be a problem, pumps generally have a gauge. And there is an expectation that one might read the Instruction Manual. The pump 362, I mean, you could lose count of the strokes, pump it 14 times instead of 8. The appeal to me is exactly the simplicity and the lack of a gauge is part of that. There are other rifles for those who need a pressure gauge, those buyers can look at the Maruader or the new Prospect.
The prospect has the same Chinese tube and hammer as the Icon. Hopefully it gets recalled too because it will be just as dangerous. Crosman needs to really think about why the Icon is about to cost them a ton of money.
🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
The prospect has the same Chinese tube and hammer as the Icon. Hopefully it gets recalled too because it will be just as dangerous. Crosman needs to really think about why the Icon is about to cost them a ton of money.
🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
They're basically the same gun as a Barra 1100z. Anyone have this issue with those?

I doubt it will be a problem, pumps generally have a gauge and this product is intended for hand pumping. And there is an expectation that one might read the Instruction Manual. The pump 362, I mean, you could lose count of the strokes, pump it 14 times instead of 8. The appeal to me is exactly the simplicity and the lack of a gauge is part of that. There are other rifles for those who need a pressure gauge, those buyers can look at the Maruader or the new Prospect.
I like the gaugeless design myself. One less leak point and don't have to worry about clipping the o-rings on the valve trying to get past the gauge hole in the tube.

I'm already thinking a nice sporter stock like a mauser k98 style with the rollover comb, a multi shot breech, and shorter/shrouded barrel.

Yep, I just made it a $500+ gun!

• Love