• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

World upside down

Unusual politics, weather, behavior, beliefs, right is wrong and wrong is right, In my lifetime of 67 years i have never seen more than one buck every five years, last evening wife and i saw 6 in one field and 1/2 mile further 4 more, we got this pic of second group, you'll have to expand pic but never seen this before in west michigan.
20230813_200010.jpg

Unusual politics, weather, behavior, beliefs, right is wrong and wrong is right, In my lifetime of 67 years i have never seen more than one buck every five years, last evening wife and i saw 6 in one field and 1/2 mile further 4 more, we got this pic of second group, you'll have to expand pic but never seen this before in west michigan.View attachment 385009
Maybe thats a good sign… Like they’re saying “buck up America!”…

We have quite a lot of deer where I live on Vancouver Island. The deer here, like the wolves and bears, are all pretty scrawny. I imagine it's because it's a bit harder to find nutrition. I lived in Oregon for a year and was amazed at the size of the deer there. Here they're whitetail deer, I think the ones I saw in Oregon were called blacktail deer.

We have quite a lot of deer where I live on Vancouver Island. The deer here, like the wolves and bears, are all pretty scrawny. I imagine it's because it's a bit harder to find nutrition. I lived in Oregon for a year and was amazed at the size of the deer there. Here they're whitetail deer, I think the ones I saw in Oregon were called blacktail deer.
Oregon has all 3 deer species, Mule, Blacktail, Whitetail

Oregon has all 3 deer species, Mule, Blacktail, Whitetail

I'd ride my motorcycle around Oregon and sometimes in the evening I'd come around a corner and encounter a blacktail or mule deer. My first reaction was "elk! moose!" and by the time I could slow down and get a good look at it, I realized it was just an absolutely massive deer. Dwayne The Rock Johnson "deer".

they don't have the wasting disease do they?

they don't have the wasting disease do they?
Nah, all the animals are small on Vancouver Island. Raccoons, squirrels, deer, wolves, bear, name it. Not sure why exactly, but my assumption is there's just not as much food available regularly. Every once and a while you'll see a diseased animal, but I don't think they're any more common than on the continent.