• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

World Rimfire Champion gives 25m BR a go

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
World Rimfire champion Maurice Hassard came out from Ireland to pick up his 25m BR gun that he will use in this years World Cup in Plzen. He shot one outdoor card with it in medium wind to try it out. He asked if it was sighted in, shot a few times off the target, then went to work. I didn’t have any 25m cards so he shot a N50 card. Taking out the dot on the N50 card would be a x on the wrabf card with the .224 plug. His card was either a 249 or 250 20x after conversion. Certainly a great showing for his first attempt with an air rifle and unfamiliar equipment. He’s looking forward to getting home so he can practice. I think he will do just fine. 😀
IMG_1139.jpeg
IMG_1145.jpeg

I never shot BR, until I got my FT Thomas. After sighted it in I shot a BR card. Probably had less than 50 pellets through the rifle.
I was using a Sinclair F-class rest and held the stock for shots / aiming. This was indoors at 20 yards. My card was not quite a good as Maurice's but I knew I had a shooter. I also never shot another card - beginners luck !!

image0.JPEG

World Rimfire champion Maurice Hassard came out from Ireland to pick up his 25m BR gun that he will use in this years World Cup in Plzen. He shot one outdoor card with it in medium wind to try it out. He asked if it was sighted in, shot a few times off the target, then went to work. I didn’t have any 25m cards so he shot a N50 card. Taking out the dot on the N50 card would be a x on the wrabf card with the .224 plug. His card was either a 249 or 250 20x after conversion. Certainly a great showing for his first attempt with an air rifle and unfamiliar equipment. He’s looking forward to getting home so he can practice. I think he will do just fine. 😀View attachment 359385View attachment 359384
Nice to see Maurice shooting an air rifle! I hope to see him in Pilsen 2023 again. Mike, what teams use Thomas HPX rifle for 50m AR Unlimited?
I'm sure that we will see interesting events in the new 50m unlimited class at World Champs 2023!

Reactions: thomasair
Sadeq, there will probably be only a few HPX, and they will be shooting pellets. The “Unlimited” rules are very limited, so slugs are not a good option unless I can use the ones I make….which I cannot.😀

Mike
Mike, new class 50m Unlimited rules will change over time and it's inevitable. I,m confident that this class will bring new changes in air rifle benchrest competitions at the world level Like the various types of benchrest competitions that are currently held in the United States.
In a recent year, we tested different slugs for 50m unlimited with different barrels, but the results of the tests of slugs were still lower than those of pellets, JSB 25.39gr RD is the best choice for this class. (my best score in latest 50m Unlimited competition attached the post)
Your slugs with the Thomas rifle barrel (as far as I know you use a rimfire barrel) are very accurate and your scores were excellent, but according to the rules the .219 diameter cannot be used in WRABF competition.
Did you test custom slugs on HPX barrels? It's not possible to reach the desired accuracy for maximum score with them?

Reactions: Loufish
The HPX guns are for pellets. The barrels are not suitable for any slug.

The Rimfire barrels I use on my slug guns work great with the slugs I make. I had those Rimfire barrels made in a smaller land and groove to suit factory slugs…but they do not shoot well. It’s not the barrel, it’s the slugs that are available. If I put smaller versions of my slugs in the smaller barrels, they shoot very good.

Mike

Reactions: sadeqtm and Joef
we had a very good experience at the 2023 WRABF World Championship in Pilsen, Czech Republic. I have to congratulate Mike. The topic of this thread was about Mr. Maurice Hazzard's good rimfire shooter Thomas from Team England. He showed his shooting skills well with an accurate rifle!
The best shooter in the heavy rifle class with a score of 748-53 X! This score is very high in 25m Heavy Rifle class.
A new record was also set and the previous record of 747- 33 X was broken by Maurice. I had a brief opportunity to speak with him about his rifle and pellets and his skills. He is a great man and I enjoyed talking with him.
I will post pictures of Thomas and the matches in the thread soon