• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

World Championships update

Is this the first time Italy is hosting or is it a case of turnover where the experienced organizers have left the hobby and the new guys are trying to figure things out from scratch?

-Marty
Hi, I'm Alessandro, alias hagure on the field target forums ... years and years ago :)
I was president of Field Target Italy in 2011, the year in which the world of field target took place in Velo d'Astico, Vicenza. I apologize and cannot understand what could have happened to get to this situation. In 2011 it was very different.
My apologies.
Greetings
Alessandro dr. Signorini, hagure.
IZ4VQS ham radio call

Reactions: mh and qball
Hi, I'm Alessandro, alias hagure on the field target forums ... years and years ago :)
I was president of Field Target Italy in 2011, the year in which the world of field target took place in Velo d'Astico, Vicenza. I apologize and cannot understand what could have happened to get to this situation. In 2011 it was very different.
My apologies.
Greetings
Alessandro dr. Signorini, hagure.
IZ4VQS ham radio call
Alessandro, I am not a participant in the event. However, I think it is understandable that a last minute change in location can lead to problems. I am glad that the competition is taking place and hope that things can get back to normal after COVId going forward. Lets hope it all turns out well in the end!

Good luck to all the competitors!

-Marty

Reactions: qball and hagure
No violation here: This posted for transparency of the situation as well for the FB hate trollers.

Dear and patient shooters,
today was a bad day for us but above all for you, stuck in uncertainty waiting for events to unfold.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience it caused you but, believe us, despite what some may have said, it was a truly unpredictable situation, as the shapes and lines had all been tested several times before the race. Especially for the silhouettes we have to apologize to Mamba Target because the only ones that did not work were not provided by him. Sorry Frank if we got you involved in a situation that you're a stranger to and don't deserve.
The International Commission has taken the decision to have today's day redesigned tomorrow Friday 04 August, starting from where the race was interrupted today, obviously due consideration will be given to the target that have been contested. All this will obviously lead to the continuation of the competition on Sunday 07 August with the last day of competition and shoot off, followed by the award ceremony and closing dinner at Villa Tuscolana.
The Championship Staff

Reactions: mh
No violation here: This posted for transparency of the situation as well for the FB hate trollers.

Dear and patient shooters,
today was a bad day for us but above all for you, stuck in uncertainty waiting for events to unfold.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience it caused you but, believe us, despite what some may have said, it was a truly unpredictable situation, as the shapes and lines had all been tested several times before the race. Especially for the silhouettes we have to apologize to Mamba Target because the only ones that did not work were not provided by him. Sorry Frank if we got you involved in a situation that you're a stranger to and don't deserve.
The International Commission has taken the decision to have today's day redesigned tomorrow Friday 04 August, starting from where the race was interrupted today, obviously due consideration will be given to the target that have been contested. All this will obviously lead to the continuation of the competition on Sunday 07 August with the last day of competition and shoot off, followed by the award ceremony and closing dinner at Villa Tuscolana.
The Championship Staff
Thanks Scott,
Was trying to figure out how to do what you just did, without using "that" platform. Made this lively, though.....

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Thank you for updating the community with the situation overseas Tom.

I am an ANTI Facebook guy, but I am also a PRO Tom Holland guy. Once again your sharing of relevant information is appreciated, regardless of the source.
Your credentials speak volumes, carry on Sir..
Chuck,
Well put. We can agree to disagree......like gentlemen. I haven't posted a lot recently, in the process of moving to a bigger place. This will enable me to put more content and info out there, all for you guys, which I love to do.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

I am sorry but as for me, any sort of excuses about the Italian Fiasco is unacceptable. This is the World FT Championship - the main FT event of the year, not the monthly match at the local club. People have been practicing for it and have already paid a lot of money to come, and compete, and most of all have fun. And what do they get? Life threatening conditions, faulty targets and broken strings. This is disrespectful to the competitors, to the whole FT community, and to the sport itself. Here is a Frank Hermann's comment about this crazy situation. Take a listen:

Reactions: qball
Cluster F of epic proportions !!!

Wide open fields, Zero trees or cover, not even seeing any canopies ?

Wow this is going to HURT a lot of folks who traveled far and wide from around the world. Very very sad state of affairs in Italy.

I so hope it ( The 2022 WFTF WORLD Championships ) can be salvaged :cautious:

WOW!!! The pictures and videos make the match look down right abysmal, it makes our humble local club match look positively luxurious. I know this is not a big money sport/event but I am still finding it difficult to comprehend how is this is possible even with all the pictures,

I've personally spoke with 3 members of team USA and the excitement for this event was very evident. It is so unfortunate the event turned out so unpleasant for all the competitors traveled crossed the world. Regardless of fault/blame the competitors are the ones suffering, hope event staff can address what went wrong and salvage the event and best wishes to all the competitors.

Thank you Tom for the update, I was really looking forward to updates from the event and Team USA but very much saddened to see what has happened. Please keep us updated and I'll keep an eye on official Facebook page for new updates.

Day 1 scores are posted:
9B61701D-C815-47C5-89BA-9BCFE47B70EA.jpeg

2777FC33-A983-4E24-868C-FFBA025A72CE.jpeg

B7B73DA4-EBE2-47BD-89CB-0A81D687C4AB.jpeg

5F496872-85EB-48DF-A4EF-1F0432DCEA5E.jpeg

Qball,
I started a separate thread with full results, but thanks for the recap.
In speaking with several US shooters, and other competitors, it seems day 2 will be straightened out. They have made the wise decision to use Mamba targets for all, the string issue has been resolved, and tomorrow will be a better day for all. Again, I'll post day 2 scores on a new thread when I get them tomorrow. If I talk to anyone from Team USA within the next few hours, and get any new info, I'll relay it to all.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Reactions: qball
Well let me stand corrected on the canopies comment.
Lane markers ? Or if this is a practice line ... Huh ?

Was picture being taken as general snapshot or due to very obvious unsafe conduct etc while what looks like a marshal or official not in view.

No firing line or even lane markers on any of the pictures I saw on Facebook. No recognizable Marshal in any of the pictures unless they are going undercover plain clothe secrete police style.

Hope day 2 will be MUCH better, the pictures from day one is perplexing to say the least.