• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

World Championships update

Nation,

From my sources in Italy, the first day of the World Championships has begun, and was not able to be completed. It will resume tomorrow morning, where they left off today.
The issues that arose leading to the halt of the first days shooting, were many.
Broken strings, faulty targets, illegal size kill zones on positional lanes, no shade on a 90 degree open field, no cold water at all.
One competitor was taken away by ambulance for heat exhaustion.
A total disaster, from what I was told, utter embarrassment.
Best of luck to Team USA and all competitors trying to perform in these conditions.
I'll post scores and results as I receive them.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Yikes .. if this rings true to the goings on ... BLACK EYE for sure !
Scott, from what I understand, the majority of competitors actually refused to continue on until the issues were addressed. There were so many stoppages, it took over 2 hours to get SIX shots in.
I'll have more on this tomorrow.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Warning issued. Violation Rule #1
This was the platform that it was sent to me. Plenty of people use FB, if you don't, that's your choice. Don't shoot the messenger.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com
Plenty of people are ignorant... including you Tom. Or are you?

Sorry, but FB is evil and those who promote it, for any reason, are part of that evil.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Last edited:
Plenty of people are ignorant... including you Tom. Or are you?

Sorry, but FB is evil and those who promote it, for any reason, are part of that evil.

Ignorance is no excuse.
First of all, I'm not ignorant. Again, it's the platform that the message was sent to me, just relaying the info. I do NOT promote FB. It might be evil, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to your opinion. Again, those who want to use FB can, and those who choose not to, don't have to. To each their own. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Reactions: qball
First of all, I'm not ignorant. Again, it's the platform that the message was sent to me, just relaying the info. I do NOT promote FB. It might be evil, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to your opinion. Again, those who want to use FB can, and those who choose not to, don't have to. To each their own. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

And the USA no longer exists.

Is this the first time Italy is hosting or is it a case of turnover where the experienced organizers have left the hobby and the new guys are trying to figure things out from scratch?

-Marty
Marty,
From what I do know, Italy has hosted in the past, and I believe it went smoothly, or at least more so than this one.
From what I have heard and understood, Italian organizers had a venue secured, a proper FT course(s), and everything seemed reasonably and properly organized. Then, only a couple of weeks ago, the organizers lost their original venue, and had to scramble to find another venue at the last minute. This, along with most likely a loss of manpower to move everything, and physically re-do an entire course, attributed to this situation that they are literally stuck with.
If I was running any kind of large Capacity match, and I lost the venue at the last moment, with months of planning behind me, I'd be flapping and panicking as well.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Tom,

Thanks for sharing some of the WFT updates here on AGN. We appreciate your efforts. Please don't let a little trolling dissuade you from keeping us updated on the event.

Thank you
-Michael
Never!!!! Thanks......stay tuned, I should have updates, and hopefully scores later today.