Benjamin Working Through The New Mrod and furniture

So I've been working through and refining my new Marauder field and target and would like to share experiences to date and get advice on others. I like the gun first of all 😁 I had been wanting one since I bought a used Prod from a fellow member. I recently sold a boat and this was a treat to myself you could say. Today I set up in the back yard (30yrds) and was getting dime sized groups with plain old .22 CPHP from walmart (with the occasional bent skirt). It was the culmination of a lot of time and effort, as I'm sure some of you can relate. I've kept all the adjustments factory but I was having difficulty cocking and racking pellets so I took it down to parts and smoothed the hammer and bolt shaft with a very fine sanding sponge then cleaned and over-lubed everything. It's helped but it is still hard to cock at the last 1/8" or so of travel compared to the Prod. I like that the walnut stock was extra chunky, it gave me a chance to shave off and feel where I wanted things as can be seen in the before and after. I had to get rid of the useless crap on the scope too. The benchrest was an idea to be compact like the table, all of it is made from discarded oak stairtread from jobsites. I'd made that a few years ago but didn't have an air rifle worth a damn to shoot on it. I do now I think!

20230827_095756.jpg

20230827_101000.jpg

20230727_165922.jpg

20230827_101246.jpg