• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wood Workers For GK1

Hi All,
I am looking for a custom woodworker to manufacture a stock that would fit the GK1. I am interested in making the GK1 into a mini bullpup as was done to the P-Rod below. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. TIA

P-rod bull pup.jpg

bullp.jpg

You mean like turning the GK1 into a K1? ;) Seems it might be easier to pick up a used K1 and shorten it to a more compact version. A folding extendable stock for the GK1 would be interesting and would probably make it a backpackable carbine.
Hi, Yeah I want a backpackble carbine with the GK1 platform-think it's possible? I felt the K1 would be harder to shrink down but I don't know anything. So I annoy people with many questions- TIA

Reactions: boscoebrea
My thoughts are:

1. If you want a semiauto bullpup, get the K1, Steyr or a Western Sidewinder

2. If you want a packable semiauto folding carbine, get the Leshiy 2

3. If you want a semiauto 80fpe pistol, get the GK1.

If you insist on converting a GK1, I’d go the folding (or not) carbine route, so as to not have to add a linkage to the sublime GK1 trigger. Also any GK1 converted to bullpup would have the trigger in front of the muzzle to give a sensible LOP. That’s a recipe for shooting fingers off, as has happened with short barreled Leshiy Classics.

You mean like turning the GK1 into a K1? ;) Seems it might be easier to pick up a used K1 and shorten it to a more compact version. A folding extendable stock for the GK1 would be interesting and would probably make it a backpackable carbine.
My thought exactly, or even get a spare Huben stock and shorten it to fit the pistol ? ........that should take no time as long as the airtube is long enough

My thoughts are:

1. If you want a semiauto bullpup, get the K1, Steyr or a Western Sidewinder

2. If you want a packable semiauto folding carbine, get the Leshiy 2

3. If you want a semiauto 80fpe pistol, get the GK1.

If you insist on converting a GK1, I’d go the folding (or not) carbine route, so as to not have to add a linkage to the sublime GK1 trigger. Also any GK1 converted to bullpup would have the trigger in front of the muzzle to give a sensible LOP. That’s a recipe for shooting fingers off, as has happened with short barreled Leshiy Classics.
TY-
#1 great choices
#2 I just don't like the looks of that gun at all
#3 I got two

I agree that bullpup is more of hopium than reality- But a nice carbine stock like the ones out for the P-rod IMO would be ideal for the GK1, hence why I got one to keep as a gun, and one to change up.

My thought exactly, or even get a spare Huben stock and shorten it to fit the pistol ? ........that should take no time as long as the airtube is long enough
I like these suggestions- I like to think differently and everything I read says don't do a thing to the GK1. Makes me want to do something to it even more lol

TY-
#1 great choices
#2 I just don't like the looks of that gun at all
#3 I got two

I agree that bullpup is more of hopium than reality- But a nice carbine stock like the ones out for the P-rod IMO would be ideal for the GK1, hence why I got one to keep as a gun, and one to change up.

I agree with you 100%, I'd say a carbine stock that is built to mount exactly as the stock grip does, extending into a buttstock would be most ideal opposed to a bullpup style, but that is just personal preference as keeping the action away from ones ears is most practical. Similar to the Notos, but fold-able of course to keep it super back pack friendly

-Matt

I agree with you 100%, I'd say a carbine stock that is built to mount exactly as the stock grip does, extending into a buttstock would be most ideal opposed to a bullpup style, but that is just personal preference as keeping the action away from ones ears is most practical. Similar to the Notos, but fold-able of course to keep it super back pack friendly

-Matt
The reality is that's what I am trying to get done.

A folding carbine hand-crafted wood stock-

Thank you, Matt-
right in front of my face, and couldn't see it-

Reactions: Stubbers
Marty -

NOTE
By definition, you will...NOT...be building a "carbine".
You will be building a pistol with a...shoulder stock !!

As much as you may "want" to be different, seems better to pick a different gun to be "different" with.
I...also agree with weevil (and others), in every aspect. No need to F-up a perfectly good gun.

If you can do this modification yourself...go for it I guess, but if you have to pay someone else to do your dirty work...na...

Mike

Marty -

NOTE
By definition, you will...NOT...be building a "carbine".
You will be building a pistol with a...shoulder stock !!

As much as you may "want" to be different, seems better to pick a different gun to be "different" with.
I...also agree with weevil (and others), in every aspect. No need to F-up a perfectly good gun.

If you can do this modification yourself...go for it I guess, but if you have to pay someone else to do your dirty work...na...

Mike
TY- you are correct and I will be paying someone to do my dirty work since I am not able to do it myself.

I also don't agree with the assumption of "no need to F-up a perfectly good gun"

The last thing I want to do is F it up as you say- I want to explore possibilities that could make it better for ME

Maybe contact Rink Formgriffe and ask if they could/would make a shoulder stock for the GK1. They make very nice shoulder stocks for a wide selection of firearm and air gun pistols so maybe they would consider it.

Reactions: FuegoMarty
Maybe contact Rink Formgriffe and ask if they could/would make a shoulder stock for the GK1. They make very nice shoulder stocks for a wide selection of firearm and air gun pistols so maybe they would consider it.

Call me crazy but I blindly ordered one. Fingers crossed it arrives by Feb as they said. BTW, not cheap at all so I hope the quality is good.

Reactions: PCPFanNL