Woo hoo, finally figured out how to post pics again! Thomas and new R5M 4/2/18

"Trailryder42">>>>>Woo hoo, finally figured out how to post pics again! <<<<<<<<<<
Great. Tell us how you did it. Still not working for me. Make a new post and tell us how.
Instead of using the fast upload icon in the tray, I just went to my computer files and copied the image with a click of my mouse then pasted it into the post! I'm not sure why. Michael tried to explain it to me, but it won't accept certain size files at the moment. Hence I could upload the first pic of my Thomas that I took with my smart phone with no problems, but any pics that I took with my camera, I had to copy and paste into the post. All the Edgun pics were taken with my camera. Try the copy and paste approach and let me know if it works for you.

Peace and upload grease
Fuss

@ Trailryder42 and Alejandroo
Glad it worked for you guys and thanks for letting me know.

Jimmy, Thanks man, hope you're enjoying that new Crown. I gotta get me another FX one of these days, but would have to let something go before that happens?
Just couldn't pass up the ol' Edgun this go around. I must admit I've been into it more than any other gun I've had as far as tinkering and trying to adjust the trigger myself. I'm always amazed when I put the stock back on her and she's still a laser. My friend Derrick has been on the phone with me walking me through the trigger tune. Still not where I want it, but much much better. He'll have me talked into doing the power tune before it's over.

"CampFussell"@ Trailryder42 and Alejandroo
Glad it worked for you guys and thanks for letting me know.
Jimmy, Thanks man, hope you're enjoying that new Crown. I gotta get me another FX one of these days, but would have to let something go before that happens?
Just couldn't pass up the ol' Edgun this go around. I must admit I've been into it more than any other gun I've had as far as tinkering and trying to adjust the trigger myself. I'm always amazed when I put the stock back on her and she's still a laser. My friend Derrick has been on the phone with me walking me through the trigger tune. Still not where I want it, but much much better. He'll have me talked into doing the power tune before it's over.
Yep, I'm at the edge just about to fall into buying the Edgun (.25 long version same as you), I've had the FX Impact in .22 and .30 before and I got tired of changing o'rings (too many in the gun for my taste), for what I see in videos and the forums the Edgun is a much more stronger platform and more serviceable then the FX, the only thing that kinda keeps me from buying the Edgun is the release of the new smoothtwist X liners that are designed for slugs.
I live in the South of Chile (South America) and it's very windy throughout the entire hunting season so I need a higher BC to buck the wind and stretch distances and for that I think the .25 is the best option, I found out that NSA ammo recently announced a slug but for the .30 R5 so I'm waiting for the R5M to shoot slugs as well with the Hume reg power tune.
Any one here that has experience or had tried to shoot slugs on the R5M ? let me know, thanks

PS: Maybe you just have to wait to the trigger settles/break in and would be perfect !!!! 

Alejandro

Alejandro

The Edgun is so easy to take apart and put back together. If this ol' flunky can do it, anybody can.
I like guns that are simple and easy to clean. I love my Thomas because the barrel is so easy to clean with a Tipton Carbon fiber rod and jag with one inch round patches.
No breech oring to get in the way. But now I do take the end cap out of my shroud when I do it.

But what is cool with the Edgun and I just discover this today, you can take the action completely off the back of the gun with just one hex head screw as you know. Then unscrew the moderator and take the baffle out.And Whallah!!!! Clean it just like the Thomas. Hells bells......I even found a way to clean it with the .177 jag!!!!! I just stack 3 one inch patches on the end of the .177 jag and it's the perfect circumference to make a squeaky tight pass through the .25 cal barrel. Got more crap out of the barrel this way than with the Patchworm with .25 cal coded sleeve? I just stack a wet patch on the outermost stack of patches and don't even have to worry if I over saturated it because the two dry patches under it will absorb the excess! 

Horry chitt....got two guns that are easy to clean now! 

Peace and triple patch grease!

Thanks Doc, I was trying to adjust the trigger on it. I'll screw up a soup sandwich. Next thing I know I had a 3 stage trigger? LOL Left it with a friend for the week. He has done miracles with all my triggers, so I'm expecting it to be a winner when I get it back from him. I'll post more as I warm up to her and get her like I want. I bumped the speed up to 915 fps, but thinking about turning it back down to 885 or so. I don't need all that power as I don't hunt, so 43 to 45 fpe is a plenty for me. Can shoot 5 nine round mags with no problem on one fill! And that's with a 220 bar fill or less!
Fuss

"Michael"Thats some gun pic right there! So happy to see the forward cocking lever instead of the bolt action. 

Very curious about how your trigger comes out after some tweaking. From past experience that's 1 area where the Matador could improve, the 2nd being the grip (come on ED, the rest of the stock has such nice curves, why are you stuck on that uncomfortable blocky grip?).

Who is Derrick?

The grip is an EdGun signature. You think Ed is going to change that...............Heck no. I actually like it ;)

"CampFussell"Thanks Doc, I was trying to adjust the trigger on it. I'll screw up a soup sandwich. Next thing I know I had a 3 stage trigger? LOL Left it with a friend for the week. He has done miracles with all my triggers, so I'm expecting it to be a winner when I get it back from him. I'll post more as I warm up to her and get her like I want. I bumped the speed up to 915 fps, but thinking about turning it back down to 885 or so. I don't need all that power as I don't hunt, so 43 to 45 fpe is a plenty for me. Can shoot 5 nine round mags with no problem on one fill! And that's with a 220 bar fill or less!
Fuss
Fuss,
If you are shooting under say 75 yards I think the 885 is good (and shot count is great!), that's where I have my 25 Marauder. If you want to shoot farther than that, the higher power may give you a straighter trajectory. I think Brian has some videos on long range shooting but not sure what the power levels he has it set on. Good luck with the new rifle!
Doc