• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Witnessing the End of Airgun Moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the industry warned him awhile back not to make moderators that can be taken apart and to couple that with a huge marketing campain,.......and the current results are ?
Out of curiosity - what do you mean by moderators that can be taken apart? A lot of moderators have end caps which can be changed out for 1/2UNF and M14 threaded barrels. Many others like Huma can be unscrewed and chambers added removed. The Eagle Vision M4 has swappable cores. I'm wondering where the distinction is that got Donny in trouble.

Personally I feel like pairing the Donny with the FX Impact as a standard option may have been one of the mistakes. Over COVID it seems a lot of powder guys getting into air got Impacts due to their huge coverage on YT.

I'm replacing all my Donnyfl tanto with 3d printed ldc.

DSCN0201.JPG

Reactions: qball
We know that moderators for powder burners require a permit to be legal in the U. S.. If you look at the website of a certain agency you can see that they are worried that paintball or airgun moderators might be used on PBs which would seem to be illegal. Their position is that a moderator sold for another purpose that could be used on a PB to quiet even one shot would require a permit. There is a reviewer for Pyramid Air that has written he will not own a screw on moderator for his airguns because of this situation. There are a number of common everyday items (like a potato) that could fit the "for only one shot" criteria. I don't think the situation is crystal clear.

I own a Tanto and I sleep well at night. None of my PBs are threaded for a moderator. I would not be comfortable owning PBs that were threaded, especially with an endpiece for the Tanto with compatible threads. I think that would be asking for trouble and I would get a permit if I wanted to do it.

Donny screwed up two fold,...making moderators that can be taken apart and making such a big website, should have stayed more low key and let word of mouth do the work.
Why? He did nothing wrong. Suppressors do not apply to Airguns so tell me again what did he do wrong?

And becoming “Big” is called growing your business….that’s what most small business owner try to do

Well with 3D printers i dont think it would be a massive problem if regular sales stopped.
So bar random unannounced home invasions i dont think it will be a problem, but of course we are constantly moving in a horrible direction.
I am glad i am on the last leg of my run here, life are becoming increasingly unsustainable and sadly not by my own doing,

So I designed a slip on adapter that allows you to use set scews to fit a barrel.
The end has a cork screw type thread to put a potato on it.
Guess I'll get a knock on the door to have all my potatos confiscated.
🤣

That does show knowledge AND intent.
View attachment 310566
LOL. I myself have a large supply of soda bottles. Just a matter of whether they hit your house or mine first!

Status
Not open for further replies.