• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Withdrawing sponsorhip from AGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am being told I can not participate in forum discussions, I am withdrawing my sponsorhip of AGN. The thread I posted about FX barrels has been deleted and I can only assume that is because of pressure from FX. I believe customers have the right to know when they buy a gun that the guns are being altered even after they have hit the market. This type of censorship should not be allowed, people have the right to know and if I am not allowed to inform my fellow air gunners as a sponsor then I will not continue to be a sponsor. I am sure this will also get deleted but I want to put this out there so members will know why I am withdrawing my sponsorship, all the best, Neil.

Neil, you could have chosen a more tactful way to discuss some of the changes you found instead of insulting one of the largest and most innovative manufacturers. 

"FX please get your act together and put out a standard without keep altering it, you did this with the Wildcats and now you are doing it with the Impacts. I do not know any other maker that sells a gun and then keeps changing the threads and designs on them after they have started to sell them."

I spoke to FX & they assured me that there are only 2 different types of threads they use. Being a manufacturer you should understand that innovations and advancements always come with changes to better enhance safety, functionality, & performance. 

The following is copied & pasted from the email I sent you: "Neil, As you noticed last week, Airgun Nation is now separated into 2 major sections. The Discussion Section which is designed for the end-user, and Inside the Industry section which is for Retailers, Manufacturers, & Associates. As a sponsor you have the unique privilege of creating new topics in the Dealer & Manufacturer Announcements, and the Dealer & Manufacturer Specials sections. You may also participate in the Dealers Direct and Manufacturers Direct sections. But in all fairness (to my current sponsors & users), I cannot allow you to participate as an end-user in the Discussion Section. The public has a right to know who is who, and should not be influenced by Manufacturers, Retailers, or Associates."

As a sponsor you are free to participate in any of the forums within the Inside the Industry section. You can even start a topic regarding the different designs of different models under the Manufacturers Direct section. But you cannot participate as a normal end-user in the General Discussion section because you are part of the Industry. 

If you can't see what I'm trying to accomplish & you no-longer want to participate on Airgun Nation, then of course we will refund you monies for Q4 2016. But this matter should be dealt with via the email I sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.