With world war 3 heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I said use a variety of sources. How is not knowing what is going on helpful ? Sorry I just don’t agree. You can simply watch both fox and cnn and if you pay attention see where the BS is. News is biased evidence isn’t if you piece together the whole picture. Anyway this is getting off rails toward un allowed land. I’m out.

CNN and FOX are your two primary sources for news? To each their own.

Reactions: Moog
Why I said use a variety of sources. How is not knowing what is going on helpful ? Sorry I just don’t agree. You can simply watch both fox and cnn and if you pay attention see where the BS is. News is biased evidence isn’t if you piece together the whole picture. Anyway this is getting off rails toward un allowed land. I’m out.

Why I said use a variety of sources. How is not knowing what is going on helpful ? Sorry I just don’t agree. You can simply watch both fox and cnn and if you pay attention see where the BS is. News is biased evidence isn’t if you piece together the whole picture. Anyway this is getting off rails toward un allowed land. I’m out
All media is bought and paid for so watching either side will not get you the truth.

Reactions: markT and Stubbers
CNN and FOX are your two primary sources for news? To each their own.
Not what I said but yes that is really all you need. I actually mainly listen to a variety of podcasts. I just hope people when they vote are informed and not by Facebook, instagram, TikTok etc. The things most of our younger generation are on constantly which leads them to vote ways because certain idiot influencers do. I have no problem with anyone voting any way as long as they know what they are voting for. Again sticking your head in the sand isn’t the answer.

Last edited:
All media is bought and paid for so watching either side will not get you the truth.
Most people have the ability of higher thinking and problem solving. It’s just a matter of wading through it all and using those abilities to form your own whole picture. Yes what you say is true and everyone bitching and complaining about it has yet to offer a better solution except to turn everything off and know nothing 🤷‍♂️. Anyway truly out as this is pointless and not going the correct way for this platform.

Most people have the ability of higher thinking and problem solving. It’s just a matter of wading through it all and using those abilities to form your own whole picture. Yes what you say is true and everyone bitching and complaining about it has yet to offer a better solution except to turn everything off and know nothing 🤷‍♂️. Anyway truly out as this is pointless and not going the correct way for this platform.

Most people? I think you're giving man-kind too much credit here...I don't think critical thinking is as common as you think.

-Matt

Reactions: Boomerang66
Peashooter , No TV wow, I am impressed
Actually that TV was my also my first TV and i got it when i was 43 or there about.
It als still work, my friend use it to run the preview from his CCTV system, but it is his dogs that watch it the most, and they are excellent motion detectors.
But dont you worry my mind have been numbed by the house alter for most of my life, just from TV that was running where i visited, and as a then pothead, well you soon zoom out.

It was so bad that if i was watching something, saying my name / nickname often dident work, and people had to resort to throwing things at me to get my attention.
Mind you it is pretty much the same when i am reading a book, which i also love, when i was sailing it did not take long before i had torn thru all just slightly interesting books in the ships small library.

TV ix excellent if it is used right, it is where i learned to speak English before we got that in school, back then i think that was the 6 grade we Danes got English, and worst of all back then in the 70ties there only was 1 TV channel in Denmark, but it had adult educational programs for English and also German which i also pretty much learned from TV.
Now writing English, that i have to thank the internet for, CUZ English class as i already spoke it, i was not challenged and so spent most f those classes outside the class or at the principals office.

There is nothing better than having watched something on TV and then walk away a little bit smarter / wiser, but sadly programs like that are exceedingly rare these days.
And i can assure you i would rather watch a DOKU on the society of a colony of fire ants than watch any of those silly TV shows / series that are so popular.

I have looked at many streaming services, but in general that's also just mind numbing entertainment, only slightly interesting service would be curiosity stream

Reactions: Stubbers
I'm years ahead of you guys on my preps. Rapture, tribulation, or Mad Max I'm ready.

Leave the details to your imagination. But I think everyone should be prepared for a few months without power and ways to survive and barter. If you haven't got away from urban/suburban areas by now and have good relationships with local farmers you are behind the ball.

Never assume just because you are behind the ball that it's too late to prepare.
Agree 100%, when it gets ruff it will make us appreciate how we had it, a little prepping will hopefully let me experience what many others have had to put up with, in my life I've come to understand its all for learning and experiencing this crazy world, maybe I'll live to see whats going down at least in the beginning.

Not what I said but yes that is really all you need. I actually mainly listen to a variety of podcasts. I just hope people when they vote are informed and not by Facebook, instagram, TikTok etc. The things most of our younger generation are on constantly which leads them to vote ways because certain idiot influencers do. I have no problem with anyone voting any way as long as they know what they are voting for. Again sticking your head in the sand isn’t the answer.
Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.