• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

With draw any thing about RTI , Slow but taking care of it

I got this off the RTI site for the Compact Prophet II, I know there is a few compact owners that were a little pissed that RTI did a switch on the barrels. And now it seems if you did buy a 22 caliber compact Prophet II with the switched barrel its a miss sized barrel, I just wonder how many Compact guns did RTI sell before they caught the problem or if they ever did catch the problem with the oversized barrel..
Below there still advertising the RPB Barrel.

Accuracy-wise, our .177 and .30 cal versions retain the original, proven Lothar Walther barrel, but with the .22 and .25 cal, we are introducing a new proprietary RTI Barrel, optimized for both pellets and slugs! Accuracy is going off the grid with this new barrel… shot count is also very good (even more with the large bottle)
I never saw them advertise the 22 compact with the RPB barrel. I was interested in it myself about a month or so after they were available, and it took me all of a minute on their website to find only the 25 cal compact has the RPB barrel, nothing else. Did they ever specifically say the 22 compact had it prior to my looking at it not long after it was available? They list the Prophett II and Prophet II compact as two different models, pull up the compact model, look at the specs, clearly shows the 22 does not have the RPB barrel. I lost all interest in it at that point myself.

I don't see it on their sight anywhere, the only mention on their sight says "prophet II in 22 and 25 is equiped with..." Nowhere does it say Prophet II compact is equipped with the RPB barrel. Select Prophet II compact on main page pull down, scroll down to specs, and you will see only the 25 cal prophett II compact has the RPB barrel, the .22 compact has a cz choked barrel. It's clear as day, I'm guessing you got hung up on seeing "Prophett II in 22 and 25 cal..." which is NOT the Prophet II compact. Prophet II <> Prophet II compact, two different models.

I did not get the 25, I have no interest in a 25 at all.

Added: Pointed out to me that they do advertise that barrel on the performance model compact, I had never looked at anything but the standard commpact. It is still on RTI's webpage for the performance model compact today as having the special barrel in 22 and 25.

Last edited: