• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Witch springer should I get???

1546237641_6936557155c29b6c97ab7f7.72150571_weihrauch-hw35e_2.jpg
I would buy a HW from Krale

https://www.krale.shop/en/sport-shooting/guns/air-rifles.html?manufacturer=262&powersource=324

.177 diana 34 pro-compact , .20 hw95 (beeman r9) with vortek tune kit , .22 hw80 (beeman r1) - or .22 benjamin steel eagle is a domestic way to go..... if you have the money - try a sig sauer asp20 in .22 and tell us all about it ! ........o.... here's a good one on sale.... https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spring-piston/diana-model-52/

The 34 is great ( tho at least on sale in below your stated price) , Great trigger - the T06 model- and shouldnt need a thing ( some are a bit dry upon arrival, not most tho) and it shouldnt need a thing for years.

TX is a standard . To me it is well suited to .177 , if weight is a concern do look at the listed weight of these two models.

HW's are nice, personally ( and it seems to be pretty much just me ) of the three I hate the HW trigger. But they likely the lowest weight and fine quality.

How far to you nearest local airgunner to try a few?

John

Nick,

I have:

R1

Diana52

TX200

HW35E

I have a post on another forum asking “If you could only have one?” The R1 has been with me since 1984 and trained both of my boys on shooting skills. The Diana52 is the beast and can easily reach 1100fps (with the right pellet). The TX200 is the jewel and was designed to emulate the HW77/97. I use it in FT competition and it does very well. These three rifles would serve you well but they have one thing in common. They are heavy and a wee bit noisy. If you are in an urban environment that would not be a problem. Now...The HW35E that Joek suggested. Powerful (enough for your stated needs), so accurate, easy on the shoulder (very little recoil) and easy on the eye. HW has been making this rifle since 1950 and in fact when Dr. Beeman wanted a rifle with more power than the FWB124, he used the HW35 power plant as the basis. The R1 was so well received, Weihrauch released the same rifle as an HW80 which was never imported to the USA untilDr. Beeman left the business. So, I certainly would recommend the HW35. I have had two. The first one my tuner put a VORTEK kit in it and was so impressed with the performance, he bought it from me. I found another one which I use with a peep sight. I will be 74 next year and fun for me is a pocket full of CPL 7.9, the HW35 and my 7 pound Chihuahua, walking through the woods shooting at whatever. It is a shame we have so few brick and mortar air rifle stores in the country. When Dr. Beeman had his store, he had an indoor (5m) range and you could every rifle or pistol before purchasing. It was a great service. Good luck on your search. Have a safe and Happy New Year..
1546269715_10946575275c2a34133cff93.50227144_80AE0CC8-B295-431E-9F98-EC35FBA09627.jpeg

I own most of the HW line (30,35,45,50,54,55,77,80,85,90,95,98,99) and if I had to choose one it would likely be the R9/HW95. Sleek lines, no cocking hinge to look at (on certain versions), no hinge lock to mess with or get dirt in and can be easily tuned up or down for power/smoothness. They are also lighter, shorter and more potent than the HW35, a great all around rifle but see if you can handle some different models to see which suits you best. The HW80 is excellent as well but pretty large & heavy. The underlever models are again excellent but typically cost more and are heavier as well compared to break barrel models.

1546271150_1385769815c2a39ae52b0c6.40550345_72 Beeman R9 .22.JPG
R9/HW95

I’m more then likely will get whatever rifle I do end up buying in .22 for the hunting aspect and also I already own a cheap Benjamin prowler in .22 so I have a few tins of pellets already. I’m really leaning towards the hw line of guns for sure i just want to make sure I pick the right one for the amount of money I’m spending.

You should get what you like , but as far as the .22 cal over .177 for hunting...for sure a .22 will do the trick, but I just killed a nuisance racoon on my roof with a well placed 7.9gr premier lite .177 cal pellet from a HW30 (roughly 7ftlbs.) Not sure what you will be hunting but that little hw30s has taken care of squirrels, chipmunks, and now a racoon so .22 isn't necessary just because you want to hunt with it.For the budget you listed and the fact you want to shoot accurately out to 50 yards, I think the HW 35 was the best suggestion so far. Fixed barrel accuracy, lighter weight, history, a beautiful gun in walnut...and they shoot so smooth....I don't own one....but I've shot a few.... it's on my list.