Wish I had gotten back into Airguns years ago...

Sooooo, I love the pistol brace revolution that's happened in the Powder Burner world. 

Not wanting to start a discussion on that topic, just prelude to this. 

20220202_211052.1643854961.jpg
Long to short of it, I settled on a good package: PC Charger, with brace, and Holosun on top, out the door $1100, and I haggled in 100 rds. Helluva deal. Gun is tons of fun, super accurate, the kick isn't that pleasant though...

5 months later, 2 months back into Airgunning...

I wish I could spend that money on a PCP now!!! Insert Sad emoji here.

Live and learn.

My EDC, Sig P290RS. (Check out IraqVet8888's YT video where lobs a 9mm Para thru 3/4" pine board at 440 yds.)

Hindsight is usually better than foresight and buyers remorse is another one of those first world problems we all too often have to deal with here in the U.S.

Nice gun you have there though. 

I built up a nice 6.5 Grendel and put a spendy Leupold on it. Special upper parts and rifle length gas block means it kicks far less than my MP15 in 223. ;^)

I built this 1000 yard gun up just before I got back into airguns myself. Haven't even taken it out to 1000 yards in the years since it was put together.

Love the gun but have only shot about a hundred rounds through it.

I shoot my Impacts many thousands of rounds per year and seldom touch my powder burners these days. Costs far less and is not as noisy.

All I shoot is airguns! Now that I found a good range in somewhat itching to shoot PB again but can’t stomach the cost. Way too use to 1 cent a shot and bitching about 5 cents a shot on larger caliber airgun ammo!😅 However it is a good idea to budget a couple of hundred rounds per gun per year to practice and stay proficient or it will be a waste especially for pistol or anything “tactical”. Only thing “tactical” in PB world somewhat interests me is the PCCs. “pistol” 223/556 seems way too dangerous for any neighbors within a mile.

But I am buying a pistol before more pistols drop from CA roster, been pistol proficient since my teenage years. Eventually I want to test out my skills/trigger time gained from 20,000+ rounds on the creedmoor once I gain access to the 1000 yard range in about 9 months. I wouldn’t say PB purchases are a waste and you can always sell them since they don’t really lose value.

@qball I know, not the right forum for discussion, but I LOVE PCC's. For a SHTF situation, I'm geared to bug out/in ALL 9mm, some 223. CQB, nothing better.

I wanted a Sig Copperhead, but at 2200 MSRP, no deal. Then it was EVO Scorpion, but the Ruger PC Charger bundle gave me the best deal.

Yes, I agree, 223 out of a 6inch barrel not my cup of tea.

Best PCC truck gun IMHO, Hi Point 995 Carbine. It is inexpensive, ugly, terrible trigger, but accurate. $250. Or sub2000, if you can find one.

@biohazardman @qball The exact reason I got back into air guns. The cost of 9mm and 223 is high. I got really excited at the thought of 250 shots for around $10.

Same boat here, too. I shoot PBs once a month, maybe. Mostly just my EDC for proficiency and the Ruger for fun.

A day here in NC at indoor range, average about $75-100. Range time, a zombie target, 100-200 rounds. Glad I live outside city limits, I can shoot PBs in my back yard, which I do.

Yeah, I gotta stop being cheap on the pellet purchases. I can afford expensive pellets and guns, but admittedly, I love a good deal and I'm a little frugal, kinda.

Years and years ago, I went to a store in Bell Flower. Yes Air Venture. I met Uncle Bob. I had just bought a Crosman 6500 I think it was. Break barrel, in .177. 

[ I also shot NRA High Power and Small Bore, Air Rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette.

So I tell Uncle Bob that I could shoot a candle without damaging the candle at about twenty yards. He said , sure is getting deep in here, lifting his legs up and down. lol

Tell you what I got a gun here, shoot through the window and show me. He showed me a FWB124, I'll have to sight it in. 3 clicks to the right I was on.I shot at a target dead on the X. He says you know we have a group of guys that get together and shoot pellet guns,why don't you come out and join us? May Uncle Bob RIP.

Then Harry Klump came up with a name for our club , California Airgun Shooters Association ,,CASA. [1984]

That airgun you have now, will not be the only one you'll have. Believe me.

"I would have gotten a better score if I had used my other gun"

Art Burciaga 

Yellow airgun forum ...hmmmm. it was filled with information and characters . .. boy was it fun. It was when airgunning was at its infancy.

The classifieds, remember it felt like you had minutes... at least it felt like that to me...whether to buy or not. And you had to say....".I'll take it " or it wasn't recognized. 

Great memories...i wish you all could have experienced it.

Today airgun forums...not the same, not even close to yellow.

Anybody else wants to chime in on yellow??

Hi, Art, Great story!

The Network54/Yellow airgun forum was started in the '90s if I have my info straight. It was a hoot and full of testy characters-the classifieds were the best and that even lasted for a while after the platform and name change. I discovered them in 2010 after the Perfect storm of ground squirrels that season sent me looking for more power than my aging HW55 had to reach out and touch.I met some great people there and learned a lot. Passed up many a great deal on the classifieds due to limited time to shoot, funds and space to store them, LOL! It had its' share of drama as well, I recall a gent who spent thousands on the classifieds and remember wondering if he was for real...

The start of this forum and the platform change seems to have decimated the Yellow. This forum is great but most of the FX and slug shooting stuff while interesting is a bit spendy for me. I'm still shooting Marauders and springers while contemplating my next fall down the rabbit hole....

Years and years ago, I went to a store in Bell Flower. Yes Air Venture. I met Uncle Bob. I had just bought a Crosman 6500 I think it was. Break barrel, in .177. 

[ I also shot NRA High Power and Small Bore, Air Rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette.

So I tell Uncle Bob that I could shoot a candle without damaging the candle at about twenty yards. He said , sure is getting deep in here, lifting his legs up and down. lol

Tell you what I got a gun here, shoot through the window and show me. He showed me a FWB124, I'll have to sight it in. 3 clicks to the right I was on.I shot at a target dead on the X. He says you know we have a group of guys that get together and shoot pellet guns,why don't you come out and join us? May Uncle Bob RIP.

Then Harry Klump came up with a name for our club , California Airgun Shooters Association ,,CASA. [1984]

That airgun you have now, will not be the only one you'll have. Believe me.

"I would have gotten a better score if I had used my other gun"

Art Burciaga

There is not often much to like about living in the crowded confines of Southern California, but we in the suburbs of Los Angeles were fortunate enough to have not one, but two, iconic airgun establishments within a half hour of one another. 

Bob’s shop was a great place to hang out and talk airguns, politics, and anything else we happened think about. Though those who did not know him thought he was an irascible dude, Bob was a friendly and generous sort. His shop was truly an airgun icon for many years and I miss the camaraderie the place inspired.

Though Bob and Airventure are both long gone, we’re still fortunate enough to have MAC1 Airguns in relative close proximity. Tim is another iconic guy in the airgun world and his shop is oftentimes filled with fellows both new and old to airgunning. He is an interesting, helpful, and kind guy who works hard to produce nice products. 

I think the days of the small independent shops may be coming to an end, but I certainly wish Tim a continued good run. And Bob, though he may be gone, at least resides in the memories of all the airgun addicts who used to gather in that little place in Bellflower, CA.