• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

***Wish Douger the best this week***

Well my Doctor canceled surgery. Want it to rest and give it time to see if it just gets better from nerves in me right foot. Everything else is 👍. Sore but gonna be if you get still screwed drilled plates rods. So walking is a must this weekend in the hospital and see what shakes up Hopefully it will just clear up. Don’t wanna go under that knife again. Keep ya guys posted. Booting at hospital. Way busy place but the staff is really good

Well going home Monday if all stays the same I was told this morning from my surgeon. Walking pretty good. Gotta get a walker with a seat for outside as I was walking some without my walkervand I guess to much pressure on my spine yet to use no walker. I’ll get one soon enough I hope but they can get expensive. Inside walker I got do try to locate one for outside as dirt and stuff won’t fly with my wife

Well going home Monday if all stays the same I was told this morning from my surgeon. Walking pretty good. Gotta get a walker with a seat for outside as I was walking some without my walkervand I guess to much pressure on my spine yet to use no walker. I’ll get one soon enough I hope but they can get expensive. Inside walker I got do try to locate one for outside as dirt and stuff won’t fly with my wife.
insurance should pay IF your doctors order one for outside with maybe larger wheels ?

Well to be hones i have developed a issue too since Wednesday.

I dont know if it was all my shooting,( 6 hours strait ) or me resting my R elbow on a set of folded up work gloves, but since then the pinky finger and the ring finger on my right hand have had that tingling feeling like when you sleep on a arm.

It aint easy getting old.
Last time i spent the night at my friends place, well the day after waking up i stretched while still lying in bed, and somehow that tore a ligament or something in my left calf, right in the moment it hurt like a SOB, but it also quickly faded. Even if the calf was sore for a couple of days, but nothing worth mentioning to a doctor.

Something similar i have been dealing with for decades not least in my right foot, as i think as a young one i messed up the feet several times and just let them grow back as best they could while i hobbled around.
I assume it is something that get pinched, feel like a Bowie getting planted in the foot, but it also go away as quick as it come.

And i am like ??????? come on its just 56 i just turned not 86 :rolleyes:

FIRST NIGHT ALMOST15 days 6 Hours SLEEP yahoos not bad. on the mend i hope gotta longroad t go but ligh atthe end of the tunnel nice brace I wear and 2 hours a day I run it promotes bone growth hope it works today is not good so far but early yet, just gotta keep chin up
BD9F6EC5-0D83-4894-B7B1-457330D2E150.jpeg

Last edited:
...but any triger time will be a bonus...
True dat! Best wishes on your continued strong recovery, and successful return to shooting. Fortunately airguns can bring a lot of sanity back into an otherwise lousy situation.

BTW that walker still looks a little bare - are you still waiting for your Kolpin Rhino Grip gun racks in the mail? ;)

Reactions: douger
Not trying to pull you away from your passion of Airguns, Doug, but if it were me I would not be out shooting at targets.

You’ll find that every thing we think is simple like loading a mag, cocking the gun, airing up a gun, setting up the compressor for a top off, leaning down to sight thru the scope, will be much more difficult especially after a big surgery like you had. It’s not about what you feel like doing, it’s what your dr says what you can and can’t do.

I may be wrong, but why not check in with him and ask him if it’s ok to do that, sit behind a bench and shoot targets. Be honest with all the movement and tasks that goes with it. I’m almost positive he’ll tell you to just hang with us on the forums instead, and laying in bed.

And if it’s not any of the tasks I mentioned that may cause aggravation of the surgery, you risk a knee jerk reaction.

Example- what would happen if your prized pcp started to fall off the bench, or your elbow just knocked a full tin of ammo off your bench? Our reaction is to move lightning fast and grab whatever is going to be prone to expensive damage, right? It will be at that moment, that a knife like stab pain will hit you and you then realize you possibly could’ve FFF’t up your Drs work, and you’ll be back under the knife FOR SURE.

Dude- just take it easy. Lay around and let things heal. There’s plenty of time for the Airguns. It’s not like they’re going anywhere.

My wife told me one day, because of the situation I’m in, with my back, she says-

“you cannot be choosing things to do that put you at risk because it’s not all about you anymore. You are also putting your family at risk because everything will domino and involve them. The added stress, time taken off of work to take care of you, because you chose to do something not so smart”

Last edited:
Reactions: rc4fun
Not trying to pull you away from your passion of Airguns, Doug, but if it were me I would not be out shooting at targets.

You’ll find that every thing we think is simple like loading a mag, cocking the gun, airing up a gun, setting up the compressor for a top off, leaning down to sight thru the scope, will be much more difficult especially after a big surgery like you had. It’s not about what you feel like doing, it’s what your dr says what you can and can’t do.

I may be wrong, but why not check in with him and ask him if it’s ok to do that, sit behind a bench and shoot targets. Be honest with all the movement and tasks that goes with it. I’m almost positive he’ll tell you to just hang with us on the forums instead, and laying in bed.

And if it’s not any of the tasks I mentioned that may cause aggravation of the surgery, you risk a knee jerk reaction.

Example- what would happen if your prized pcp started to fall off the bench, or your elbow just knocked a full tin of ammo off your bench? Our reaction is to move lightning fast and grab whatever is going to be prone to expensive damage, right? It will be at that moment, that a knife like stab pain will hit you and you then realize you possibly could’ve FFF’t up your Drs work, and you’ll be back under the knife FOR SURE.

Dude- just take it easy. Lay around and let things heal. There’s plenty of time for the Airguns. It’s not like they’re going anywhere.

My wife told me one day, because of the situation I’m in, with my back, she says-

“you cannot be choosing things to do that put you at risk because it’s not all about you anymore. You are also putting your family at risk because everything will domino and involve them. The added stress, time taken off of work to take care of you, because you chose to do something not so smart”
I GOT A DECK I STEP OUT AND SIT UP TABLE WIFES HERE SI I VERY SAFE, SURE I COULD TRIP GIG TOTAKE A PEE ALSO, DOC SAYS MOVE BUT NO BLT DOIND ALL I CAN AND SAFER THAN EVER BUDDY, TRUST ME INM AWARE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN REALLY IM SAFER THAN ANYTING I CAN BE DOING, REST ALL THE TIME I CAN, SHOT 4 MAGS WAS IT, IM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT WIFES ALWAYS RIGH BY Y SIDE I WALK FINE ALSO SO ITS OT LIKE IM UNSTABLE, WALKER IS FOR SAFEETY WHEN IM IN THE YARD OR DRIVWAY GETTING MY EXERCISE SHOOTING COMES LAST THESEDDAYS THERAPIST HERE 3 DAYS WEEK NEXT WEEK AND SHES SPOTTED OUT MY PLACE SHE ALL GOOD WITH ME AND WHAT I DO AS IM SAFE AS SECURE

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE