• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Winter Ops

There are some very elaborate ways to do this. I went with the quick and dirty. The door insert is made from a dump picked screen door. It was sawed in half and sheet metal screws connected the overlapped halves. Three layers of bubble wrap are duct taped in the center and a piece of corrugated cardboard (political sign stuff) was used for the velcro closing trap door. The last step will be foam on the sides for a better seal. There's 120' to the double stacked 6x6s.

1545595800_7006355525c1feb982748a2.08262803_Range1.jpeg
1545595814_20751588085c1feba66150a0.45520210_Range3.jpeg

With the Marauder and the Flashpup, I lie on the garage floor and shoot out the back door. Mr. Heater keeps the chill down. Neighbors aren’t a problem. But with the other louder guns, I either shoot out of the barn or back in the shooting shed at my range. Had a blast last night. We set up the Christmas tree last week and used new strings of lights. My son and I took the old strings of L E D lights and ran an extension cord out to the fence row at 50 yards. After dark we would take turns picking a color to shoot at. Each miss cost you .25 cents. The nice thing is when you hit a bulb, the whole string doesn’t go out. 

With the Marauder and the Flashpup, I lie on the garage floor and shoot out the back door. Mr. Heater keeps the chill down. Neighbors aren’t a problem. But with the other louder guns, I either shoot out of the barn or back in the shooting shed at my range. Had a blast last night. We set up the Christmas tree last week and used new strings of lights. My son and I took the old strings of L E D lights and ran an extension cord out to the fence row at 50 yards. After dark we would take turns picking a color to shoot at. Each miss cost you .25 cents. The nice thing is when you hit a bulb, the whole string doesn’t go out.

That sounds like a blast.

Imold

Where are you located? That frozen water out your back door looks like da UP eh!

Naw I’m a Minnesotan, I live on a small 1200 acre lake. Sometimes I think the UP would be a nice place to live, went up there a couple winters ago and picked up a couple snowmobiles for a guy here.

Ive always liked northern Wisconsin too, Northern Minnesota, Northern Wisconsin and the UP are all places a outdoor enthusiast would want to live and enjoy if they wanted the true four seasons.

I’m shooting out the door from the SW corner of my home so it’s pretty solid having 2 foundation walls just about under me, matter of fact I’m just getting ready to shoot, need to do it before the storm gets here, there talking 9-15 inches on snow with wind gusts up to 40-50 mph tonight thru Friday morning and it’s supposed to be -21 degrees Friday morning also, then warm up Saturday and Sunday.