• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca/Sam Yang Wingshot II shooting air bolts

Chief55

Dec 22, 2021
Florida
I am not very good at this stuff sorry. Tried to reduce the size of the pictures so they would not be so annoying. First of all I no longer have a working chronograph but I think the pictures will speak for themselves. I believe at the low power setting the speed is somewhere around 390-400FPS because I have to use 2 crossbow targets to stop them. I believe I once read that the wingshot is about 20 FPS faster with airbolts than the dragon claw because not having rifling in it the wingshot gets a better seal. So I believe that on high power it is around 525FPS. Regregardless there is no doubt in my mind that even on low power these bolts will go through a deer like butter. I also aimed dead on in the center of the bull for every shot at all ranges, no hold over at all.
1701992698906.png

This is just showing that these are crossbow targets.

1701992819964.png

This was 5 shots on low power at 30 yards. I just put the 1x5 scope on here so will give it a click to the left
1701992974695.png

This is just to show how it is penetrating both crossbow targets and yeah it is no fun getting them out

1701993110367.png

Same thing just different angle

1701993634938.png

This was full power at 40 yards 3 shots. If you look close you can see a bit of the knock sticking out on 1 of them. 1 is buried in the bull on the lower left, you can't see the bolt at all

1701994064628.png

You can see at the bottom the bolt that buried itself
1701994182663.png

This is just me pushing the buried bolt back out of the targets

1701994262250.png

Just showing the pressure after the 3 full power shots at 40 yards. I meant to show a picture of press after 5 on low power but forgot, anyway it was just about the same.

1701994355635.png

This was 50 yards full power doing my best to aim at the center of the heart. All of the shots were from a bench resting the forend on some rolled up carpets and the butt against my shoulder. I see that 50 yards would need some hold over but it is dead on out to 40 yards. I do not feel like it would have any problem taking a deer on low power and anything at high power. Sorry I have no speed info but the pictures are pretty telling.

Last edited:
Thank you. So this is a .50 cal. I was shooting 100 gr field tips just as the air bolts come out of the box with just a dab of silicon grease on the o-rings. AT low power I got 5 good shots but could have gotten a 6th but only had 5 bulls to shoot at so did not bother. On high power I got 3 good shots but with the power still on the gauge I believe I could have gotten 1 more if I had tried. So I feel like 6 on low power and 4 on high power would be fair.
Air Venturi Air Bolt, 6 pack

• 0.50" Caliber bolt
  • Velocity up to 500 fps (when used in Seneca Dragon Claw)
  • Power up to 238 FPE (when used in Seneca Dragon Claw)
  • 430 grains including 100 grain field tip
  • Overall length 23"
  • 300 Spine
  • Constructed from 100% Hi-Modulus Carbon Fiber
  • 6 Air Bolts per package
As I said I am sure I read an article that claimed the wingshot got a bit more power than the dragon claw because some air gets by in the rifling on the dragon claw but these are both very capable, powerful and accurate airguns with these air bolts. The wingshot is also a bit lighter. I am not a fan of heavy guns,

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE