• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

wind flag placement

Hey Beer, close. Once the wind moves the projectile on a new path - nothing can correct it.

Mike N. had a good example somewhere in here. He ~said, "place a leaf blower across the path near the target, then do the same near the muzzle."

I put my first about 10' from bench

Last edited:
yeah, what he said 😂 I have a zip tie around my moderator and clip a piece of surveyor's tape to that. I call that my wind flag.
(y)
I use the tin tape on the end of my barrel

Doug Miller taught me, "if all flags are in the same direction then add a bit for each flag". We learn what a "bit" is by shooting a lot.

Last edited:
That's tough ...

I got a foo at 50'+/- and 35+/- yards . Now most times they blow the same way , but some times there not . Like one shows right to left wind bit the other maybe more left to right kinda tail wind ish. So kinda shows a swirl between me and 50 .. I guess if I had to remove one it be the 50' being the 35y one is more 1/2 way . I guess any closer I feel the wind on my skin. ( That lick your finger and hold it up .lol)
🥴

You just have to tell your self if you break the shot and it’s NOT the condition you want then you are going to MISS. I’d rather wait than just hurl lead Willy Nilly, but it took a couple years for me to get that concept through my thick head! If both flags are aligned in the direction that you trust and you can trust your rifle then chances are you are going to score well. If you just chuck lead, always aiming at the bull and hoping the wind won’t affect your pellets flight, then it’s likely you won’t score well.