• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Wind Flag Parts

On the top of your stand you need the rod to come to a point, pretty simple. On the shaft of your flag imagine a piece of rod perpendicular to it with a hole drilled not quite thru it very slightly bigger than the pointed rod you are going to set it down on. No bearings neeeded. In my opinion you can have your flags too sensitive. Experiment with tails. Regular flagging tape for be is to light. Sail cloth on the heavy side, I have a set but seldom use them. What I like is cold weather flagging tape, it's s bit stiffer and heavier than regular flagging tape. I don't like daisy wheel, took mine of the front and replace them with brass collars I found at a hardware store with a set screw in them. Slide them to balance your flags.

Reactions: oledawg
On the top of your stand you need the rod to come to a point, pretty simple. On the shaft of your flag imagine a piece of rod perpendicular to it with a hole drilled not quite thru it very slightly bigger than the pointed rod you are going to set it down on. No bearings neeeded. In my opinion you can have your flags too sensitive. Experiment with tails. Regular flagging tape for be is to light. Sail cloth on the heavy side, I have a set but seldom use them. What I like is cold weather flagging tape, it's s bit stiffer and heavier than regular flagging tape. I don't like daisy wheel, took mine of the front and replace them with brass collars I found at a hardware store with a set screw in them. Slide them to balance your flags.
Ok that makes sense a point fits into a cone in simple terms and then needs to be balanced.

Hi Oledawg,

Is this the type of swivel that you are looking for, lol 😂?

My “low tech” wind flag…

-Ed

E9AEE227-4389-4AAB-B212-62930682424B.jpeg

Looking at homemade shooting wind flags seem lots of ideas..
Hi Oledawg,

Is this the type of swivel that you are looking for, lol 😂?

My “low tech” wind flag…

-Ed

View attachment 396970
I like it..

I've used electric fence post rod and a bottle but super glued a rudder wing thing ..lol

Today I simply tie a foo to a limb

Heck a cup stick nail and ribbon will do for fancy
th-2917612180.jpg

Reactions: oledawg
Looking for the heck of it I see some I could find materials around the house shop
th-1799402456.jpg

Wood dowel (old broken broom handle)

Hobby store wire ( straight part clipped off metal coat hanger).

Rudder ( good cardboard box cardboard at the minimum).

Hobby store brass tubing (Aluminum drinking straw )

Looking for the heck of it I see some I could find materials around the house shop
View attachment 397012

Wood dowel (old broken broom handle)

Hobby store wire ( straight part clipped off metal coat hanger).

Rudder ( good cardboard box cardboard at the minimum).

Hobby store brass tubing (Aluminum drinking straw )
Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. Time for a trip to Ace Hardware and then maybe the hobby store.