• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Winchester 1250SS trigger

I'm new to air guns and just got my second, a Winchester 1250ss. I hate the trigger. It is just terrible compared to my Gamo whisper raptor. Will the trigger smooth out and lighten up with use? If not, is there anything I can do to improve it? I have no use for this rifle with the trigger as it is.

WELCOME MAINER 

While waiting for parts for my TR77 frankenreaper to arrive....I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. Academy had Winchester 1250ss in .177 for $69.95 with a 3x9x32 scope.
I had Read that the trigger was horrendous, with no adjustment. After cleaning out the barrel, I pulled it apart to see for myself. Yes this trigger is REALLY bad. I thought I would run out of room in the trigger guard before it fired. Once I realized that the little screw on the top of the trigger was the problem. I turned it 2 full turns out and wouldn't you know it...problem solved. First stage is gone and the pull is a little high, but it breaks consistently every time. My groups immediately shrank to half an inch at 22 yards. Not bad for $70.00 bucks, I've spent more on just a scope. It has about 40 rounds through it now and I'm stoked......my only complaint is the PLASTIC trigger. Are there any options out there?

thanks for reading and I M if you need help with this mod.

Rockgodrob