• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Williams Peep Sight Modification & other Peep Sight options

The Williams with Target knobs is available on Amazon now. The older German made and discontinued brands that fit the 11 mm Weihrauch dovetail are mainly the Anschutz and 11mm Weihrauch diopters. Weihrauch once made 13mm dovetails and sights. Be certain you are getting the right one. Gehmann makes a new good one that fits also. But quite pricey.
59588071-1BA7-4336-93E7-976C5C26A6E1.jpeg

Reactions: sjs
is there some sort of correlation between the clicks on a peep sight and clicks on a Telescopic sight ? As in one click = 1 inch @ 100 yards ?
I’m sure that on the best 10mm Target Match rifles there is. It would be metric anyway. I just set them and forget them. Maybe if I’m in the mood to shoot 50 yards, I count the clicks. Then bring it back to my mid range when finished. But that is the extent of my adjustment.

Now for something a little different....

Swiss made Elite model 202 rear sight.
20231026_104351.jpg

20231026_104429.jpg

20231026_104508.jpg

Not to be confused with the Swedish made Elit rear sights.

Supposedly, Elite was sued by Elit for copying their rear sight design that was available as an upgrade on the Diana 10M rifles. Elite apparently quit manufacturing that pattern sight and moved on to different designs.

An interesting feature of this sight is the eye piece and aperture set up.
20231026_104532.jpg

As you can see, it is removable just like all the others we are familiar with, and the sight body is threaded to accept adjustable apertures from the likes of Gehmann.
The different part is that the actual aperture is threaded into the front of the eye piece and is removable, so as to change aperture size.
20231026_104547.jpg

20231026_104602.jpg

It is a 20 click rear sight and mounts on an 11mm rail. I have had it mounted on a few rifles where it has worked wonderfully.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
The Williams with Target knobs is available on Amazon now. The older German made and discontinued brands that fit the 11 mm Weihrauch dovetail are mainly the Anschutz and 11mm Weihrauch diopters. Weihrauch once made 13mm dovetails and sights. Be certain you are getting the right one. Gehmann makes a new good one that fits also. But quite pricey.View attachment 400043

Yeah I’m looking for something for a HW50.

The easiest to find is an Anschutz. Watch closely on eBay. They come up quite regularly.
Yes, just watch the dovetail size. I got several from a seller, I think in Bulgeria. Transit time after shipping could be a bit long, but not too bad. His prices were pretty good, and qualityand condition of the sights was excellent.
I just looked on ebay, not nearly as many Anschutz sights and they are much more pricy, running 180-200. There are a few Feinwerkbau and Walther sights for arond 150. I have a 40+year old Feinwerkbau 300s with a factory match sight and there are no flies on it.

Last edited:
If you're looking for something to fit a current HW 50:

+ Just about any Anschutz sight WILL fit any HW made after the late 1970's, which have the same 11mm groove spacing. Older HW's have much wider (13mm) groove spacing, and basically nothing fits except their own old sights.

+ FWB sights will NOT fit. They are about 11.5mm, plus they have a crossbolt that mates with transverse grooves in the top of the recevier.

+ Older "round" Walther sights will NOT fit. Also 11.5mm, also have the cross grooves.

+ Newer "square" Walther sight WILL fit. They have a single mounting "foot" on one side and are farily tolerant of minor groove spacing deviations.

+ Old Diana sights will NOT fit. About the right groove spacing, but made for a shallow flat rail. Not enough vertical clearance for HW's round-top receiver tube.

+ Just about any Anschutz sight WILL fit any HW made after the late 1970's, which have the same 11mm groove spacing. Older HW's have much wider (13mm) groove spacing, and basically nothing fits except their own old sights.

+ FWB sights will NOT fit. They are about 11.5mm, plus they have a crossbolt that mates with transverse grooves in the top of the recevier.

+ Older "round" Walther sights will NOT fit. Also 11.5mm, also have the cross grooves.

+ Newer "square" Walther sight WILL fit. They have a single mounting "foot" on one side and are farily tolerant of minor groove spacing deviations.

+ Old Diana sights will NOT fit. About the right groove spacing, but made for a shallow flat rail. Not enough vertical clearance for HW's round-top receiver tube.
Because I have never owned a Walther Diopter, I want to be clear for everyone. So, this Walther on the left “round” WILL-NOT fit the 11 mm dovetail grooves and the Walther ”square” on the right will fit the 11mm dovetail. Is this correct?
CC5F1A5C-F4FE-485D-B37B-68AFEFEF1A3E.jpeg

Last edited:

FWB is 13mm not a 11.5mm!

Because I have never owned a Walther Diopter, I want to be clear for everyone. So, this Walther on the left “round” WILL-NOT fit the 11 mm dovetail grooves and the Walther ”square” on the right will fit the 11mm dovetail. Is this correct?View attachment 400536
The left one is not the old "round" pattern. It's a somewhat later steel upgrade model intended for firearms. The one on the left is a contemporary Walther alloy sight. Both of these fit Walther grooves which are around 11.5 mm. The sliding foot on the alloy one is pretty tolerant of variances and will fit most 11 mm grooves with no problem, though sometimes does not sit perfectly level.

I'll try to post a pic later today that may help ID these various Walther models.

IMG_2177.jpeg