• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Will this piston work on my YH?

My YH is getting a bit slow on fill times so I figured its time to replace the HP piston rings.
Instead of struggling to get the new seals in place I figured it might be best to just order a new piston assembly from eBay.

The eBay listing specifically said this piston assembly is for Yong Heng compressors.

I havent had mine apart yet, but I understand the YH compressors dont use split rings for the high pressure piston. This service part definitely has the split rings.

Before I go tearing my compressor down, does anyone know if this will work or not?

Thanks for any help.
20220815_153934.jpg

Looks right other than the split rings and I haven't seen that second stage piston made out of what looks to be aluminum. Usually they're brass.

If it was mine I'd disassemble the pump and see if they match up. I would also remove the circlip, take the wrist pin out and remove the second stage piston then loctite the screw that holds it to the first stage piston.

Reactions: SniperX
There are two versions of a second stage brass pistons, not sure which one (a shorter or longer) is the YongHeng. Not much difference you can see only if you put them side by side on the table, or measure with caliper.
I remember last year (or +1 back) some our guys @ AGN mixed them up, there were conversation about maybe YH changed the design?
It is worth to order the entire kit = pistons and cylinder. Directly from YH on aliexpress.