• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Will the Diana Bandit pistol make cobbled together PCP pistols obsolete?

Will the Diana Bandit pistol make cobbled together PCP pistols obsolete? I have a Bandit and for the price it's fantastic, Once the aftermarket parts start flowing.

will there be a market for something like this? I would have to pass.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROSMAN-1325-pcp-pistol-25-caliber/174635935926?epid=17021422519&hash=item28a91ce8b6:g:dqgAAOSwbmJgJyOB

t.1613199940.jpg

The Diana Bandit is just a rebadged Artemis PP800 (if you look closely) but for me I ignore all of them for the Crosman 1701T which is a much a simpler design and better trigger, routinely out shooting the Artemis variants on the pistol FT side shoot circuit....just depends if you happy with the 450-500 fps it makes. 

Some shooters looked at the TP mod for the 1701 but only got about 520 fps but for me it did not matter. Its accuracy proving more important. The gun can put pellets through the same hole at 30 yards. Trying to do this with the Artemis/Zazdar variants is so much more difficult and difficult to pin down exactly why. Barrel and metering consistency appears to be the main grumble of most shooters, but for me its trigger control. The Crosman just seems so much more in touch with the trigger if you know what i am saying. A feel thing that you will only know if like for like comparing..

You guys are going off topic of the what the OP was asking.

The bandit does seem like it would be a good place to start for so many people. You guys have to step outside of the circles of these forums and look at it from newbie 101 perspective.

It's affordable for even younger kids and it looks like a cool gun. Not everyone can afford or even wants to spend $300+ on an air gun, and the high end guns that are pushed here are $400-$$$$'s.

If there was aftermarket support for the Bandit like there is for some of the Crosman guns, the Bandit could very well be the go to gateway pcp gun to get more people into the hobby. Nothing will make cobbled together things obsolete, let's face it, we're all into these things because we like to tinker. 

120418620_10158608225089034_8822656583385242187_o.1613231282.jpg
The bandit was the first pcp I bought. There was nothing on the new pistol market that I could find that came anywhere close.

Mine in .177 met my expectation for excellent accuracy. My standards are extremely high. I know I got lucky. I also managed to ruin the barrel by polishing it. Came to find out the bore as a whole was extremely loose from factory. I'm still in the process of remedying that with a LW barrel. Mine gets 50 shots at 650fps. With a modified huma regulator setup (no plenum) And I've gotten the trigger to very closely mimick the p-rod trigger I have in my 1322 pcp. If you get lucky... Which I also did with the .25 pictured, they can be extremely accurate. Lighter hammer, tuned trigger, and some work physically balancing the gun can really make them shine. 

You guys are going off topic of the what the OP was asking.

The bandit does seem like it would be a good place to start for so many people. You guys have to step outside of the circles of these forums and look at it from newbie 101 perspective.

It's affordable for even younger kids and it looks like a cool gun. Not everyone can afford or even wants to spend $300+ on an air gun, and the high end guns that are pushed here are $400-$$$$'s.

If there was aftermarket support for the Bandit like there is for some of the Crosman guns, the Bandit could very well be the go to gateway pcp gun to get more people into the hobby. Nothing will make cobbled together things obsolete, let's face it, we're all into these things because we like to tinker.

Its a good gun for sure.....

Long_Gun_Dallas.. Nice report. I am wondering if the muzzle is threaded 1/2 -20?

Just made a tensioned-barrel shroud (longer with guts that work) for my PP700sa and the Diana looks like a good candidate for that too.

BTW.. 50 shots at 650fps is great. Yours is .177 and un-regulated?

The barrels both were threaded m10x1.0 I got some adapters off bagnall and kirkwood. I did have to level the face of the muzzle/sight post where the adapters butt up. The mold line up the middle of the plastic piece caused mods to sit a bit crooked. Simple fix, but still something to look at and verify. 

177 is regulated. It's got a modified huma reg. Setup, I ditched the plenum, and cut an oring groove in the face of the valve body.... By hand, mind you 😂 it works tho

Yep, any gun with a threaded barrel should be a good candidate for tensioned shroud. So long as the barrel is good 😎

I own both the Bandit (.22) and 1701P (.177). World's apart as far as accuracy and handling. The Bandit is a great pistol. FUN FUN FUN to shot, comes with a neat little case, a nice single shot tray, a somewhat sketchy magazine (just ordered a CARM for it at a cheaper price than the OEM mag!), an INDUSTRY Changing (at least I hope so) fill probe WITH an integrated male Foster fitting (why oh why doesn't EVERYONE do this). I got a really decent barrel that seems to do well with everything I tried so far (3 Walmart cheapies so far)Not hole in hole, but still 3/8" at 10 meters. I get 18 to 24 shots and so far consistency seems good (too cold for chrony work still). I put a red dot on it and it is what I wanted for a sub $200 PCP (actually it is a lot more than what I was expecting), so I would say that it has the potential to put those cobbled PCP-co2 hybrids out to pasture (at least as far as resellers go). Now the 1701P- well we are looking at a different animal all together. A LW barrel makes this a pellet on pellet machine. Accuracy under 1/8" at 10 meters, 50 consistent shots per fill, and a lot more LEGO parts than is humanly possible to stick on a single pistol. Other than a $27 GEO LDC mine is bone stock (even the grips at this point.) Another gun that is not too pellet fussy, and a trigger that puts a lot of other triggers to shame (the Bandit does a decent job in the trigger department, but just is not up to the Crosman level). But even after the 25% off coupon code my 1701P was still $100 more than the Bandit. The Crosman is also FUN to shoot- but I find that my limited pistol shooting abilities make the Crosman frustrating to shoot as I can't achieve what this pistol is capable of doing. That being said I do find the fun in the challenge, and sitting in my basement range with my compressor and a few tins of pellets, well it really doesn't get any better that for killing a cold afternoon!

Long_Gun_Dallas.. Nice report. I am wondering if the muzzle is threaded 1/2 -20?

Just made a tensioned-barrel shroud (longer with guts that work) for my PP700sa and the Diana looks like a good candidate for that too.

BTW.. 50 shots at 650fps is great. Yours is .177 and un-regulated?

The barrels both were threaded m10x1.0 I got some adapters off bagnall and kirkwood. I did have to level the face of the muzzle/sight post where the adapters butt up. The mold line up the middle of the plastic piece caused mods to sit a bit crooked. Simple fix, but still something to look at and verify. 

177 is regulated. It's got a modified huma reg. Setup, I ditched the plenum, and cut an oring groove in the face of the valve body.... By hand, mind you
1f602.svg
it works tho

Yep, any gun with a threaded barrel should be a good candidate for tensioned shroud. So long as the barrel is good
1f60e.svg

Ok great. It was a fun journey I assume. My PP700SA was a journey and it's a great shooter now and gets shot daily. The M10 x 1 is fine and i can fit a tensioned shroud to that.

Thank You

The Bandit has a LOOOOONG way to go to even compete with "cobbled together PCPs"; much less make them obsolete! 😂

187 Titles.1613243143.jpg

Three National Champion and three State Champion titles with a cobbled together PCP.

187 PFT groups.1613243438.JPG

Five consecutive five-shot groups at 50 yards that averaged .66" center-to-center with a cobbled together PCP. The smallest group measured .34" c-t-c!

2300 at 25.1613243595.jpg

A .464" c-t-c group at 25 yards with a cobbled together PCP.

50 yd 180 pistol.1613243755.JPG

Not a cobbled together PCP, but this Co2 pistol cobbled together from a 1950s vintage Crosman 180 rifle that cost $21.95 brand new averaged .75" c-t-c groups at 50 yards.

No, the Bandit won't make "cobbled together PCPs" obsolete.