Skout Will Skout Air Guns take over where FX Air Guns

Mine is much better now that the HP reg is very consistent, and therefore the pellet speed is consistent. I’ve also had no further issues with the LP reg.
@Lewis what have you done as far as Dwell or LP adjustments to lower your ES/SD?

Not sure why the first thing I hear out of both owners and non owners is “let’s put another barrel on it”, when honestly the factory barrel n .25 caliber 25 inch is as good as any barrel you may install in its place. I shot this side by side with my .25 Red Wolf that finished 3rd at EBR 2022 Pro and in light wind conditions accuracy was equivalent. And in blustery conditions with lots of up/down drafts the Skout was a bit better.

So my advice is stop looking to blame accuracy issues on this aluminum nickel-Teflon coated barrel system and actually PRACTICE shooting. That’ll improve your accuracy more than anything. My last two EBR cards I shot at 100Y were 226 and 228. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

I’m not aware of any incentives for finishing near the top of major (EBR - RMAC) or medium (PAC - NAC) tournaments. I can’t find anything online?
I'm thinking the reason they want to swap the barrel is to convert it to a dedicated benchrest rifle. Doesn't the Red Panda barrel weigh something like 7 lbs?

Mine is much better now that the HP reg is very consistent, and therefore the pellet speed is consistent. I’ve also had no further issues with the LP reg.
@Lewis what have you done as far as Dwell or LP adjustments to lower your ES/SD?

Not sure why the first thing I hear out of both owners and non owners is “let’s put another barrel on it”, when honestly the factory barrel n .25 caliber 25 inch is as good as any barrel you may install in its place. I shot this side by side with my .25 Red Wolf that finished 3rd at EBR 2022 Pro and in light wind conditions accuracy was equivalent. And in blustery conditions with lots of up/down drafts the Skout was a bit better.

So my advice is stop looking to blame accuracy issues on this aluminum nickel-Teflon coated barrel system and actually PRACTICE shooting. That’ll improve your accuracy more than anything. My last two EBR cards I shot at 100Y were 226 and 228. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

I’m not aware of any incentives for finishing near the top of major (EBR - RMAC) or medium (PAC - NAC) tournaments. I can’t find anything online?
1703463733064.png

This goes for all major events. NEAC, RMAC, PAC, and EBR. In fact, we are going the next step this year and offering it to the Top 10 finishers this year, highest finish with a Skout gun will get the golden gun for that event! We will make another post outlining the details for 2024!

Last edited:

Absolutely NOT looking to blame "accuracy issues" (There aren't any) on the barrel. Just super excited that they are end user supportive and allowing me to use proven barrels from other manufacturers lets me compare platforms while eliminating at least one variable. If other manufacturers were as accommodating, I would love to try my Skout barrels in their platforms.
I actually bought a second Skout for the primary purpose of testing different configurations against each other under identical conditions. I have not yet shot an airgun in competition and I currently have no plans of doing so. I can still enjoy trying to get the most out of myself and the gun. I practice as much as I can with the time I have available.

Merry Christmas

View attachment 418730
This goes for all major events. NEAC, RMAC, PAC, and EBR. In fact, we are going the next step this year and offering it to the Top 10 finishers this year, highest finish with a Skout gun will get the golden gun for that event! We will make another post outlining the details for 2024!
Awesome. I could use another golden gun. Recommend posting that on the Skout web site.

Reactions: LukeSowinski
could be me but why give the golden Epoch to someone who already owns one? Why not make it available for one of the top three finishers or something similar like a small lottery for top 3, top 5 or top 10 or whatever. Then you push it into the hands of top finishers and make the user base broader, just an idea ;)

But no I don't see them take over the market, there are more brands available :)

View attachment 418730
Another recommendation is to get the Skout Epoch off the bench. Offer some sort of incentive for finishing top 3 in a 2024 Extreme Field Target Grand Prix event. Those have from 30 to 60 competitors, and the EFT GP finals at EBR have over 80. I’d call those events “major” and are as competitive as PAC or NAC. Just IMHO.

Another recommendation is to get the Skout Epoch off the bench. Offer some sort of incentive for finishing top 3 in a 2024 Extreme Field Target Grand Prix event. Those have from 30 to 60 competitors, and the EFT GP finals at EBR have over 80. I’d call those events “major” and are as competitive as PAC or NAC. Just IMHO.
Thanks for the insight Mike, we will definitely add something in for that!