Skout Will Skout Air Guns take over where FX Air Guns

has left off.I ask because of what happened to FX here is the USA.
I know the Skout is of newer design and made here in the USA .
I like that thought and the different colors one can order.
Too early to tell,or is the "handwriting on the wall"?

Skout has exactly one (1) rifle on the market and that's handwriting on the wall for FX (or any other manufacturer)??? Yeah, I'd say it's (way) too early to tell. And as FL Man said, FX didn't shut down production or their marketing machine just because some dingleberry tried to screw them over in the US.

Skout?
How many guns do they sell here in the US compared to FX? Daystate? BRK? I would bet money AAA out sells them in sheer numbers.
Not exactly tearing the market up.
I am not saying their guns are not great, just saying they are not tearing the market up with sales. They have not forced anyone to rethink their design or engineering. They have been forced to lower their prices.
I don’t think any of the major players in the market are in danger from Skout.

If it is like most other products, high end offerings usually help the market overall. It's mass manufactured ultra cheap low quality items that are more likely to damage a niche market. Well made high quality items tend to prove their value and therefore drive the market. As with many things there is a balance. No doubt, well made less expensive PCP's like the Marauder have opened the eyes of many people and helped to bring new interest to the market. Cheap disposable PCP's with miserable triggers and poor accuracy will turn some new shooters away from trying another. I love the variety of choices we have today.

I am very excited to see a US company making a great product and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. All the best to Skout and their out of the box thinking!

The question is about the Future.Not about how many guns are here Now,it has to do more about the newer designs and products that may come out in the Future.
It seems like many airgunners like to tinker and are looking for a newer platform.
Of course FX has way more rifles and way more customers and fans.
So the question is about the future and will Skout Air guns become competition for FX in the Future,it is just a question and a thought that I had and wanted to see what other people thoughts were.......
Actually it is waaaay to early to tell isn't it, bad on me for asking a "looking glass "question.

I think the direction that Skout is going in is indeed the future, but maybe it won’t be Skout that becomes the dominant manufacturer. I suspect that it will only be a matter of time before digital scopes and chronographs are integrated with them too.

And they need to make everything modular so that you can mix and match.

I think that semi-auto actions and bullpup layouts will also be the way of the future. If you’re using an electric trigger, then one of the biggest drawbacks of bullpups is eliminated.

If it is like most other products, high end offerings usually help the market overall. It's mass manufactured ultra cheap low quality items that are more likely to damage a niche market. Well made high quality items tend to prove their value and therefore drive the market. As with many things there is a balance. No doubt, well made less expensive PCP's like the Marauder have opened the eyes of many people and helped to bring new interest to the market. Cheap disposable PCP's with miserable triggers and poor accuracy will turn some new shooters away from trying another. I love the variety of choices we have today.

I am very excited to see a US company making a great product and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. All the best to Skout and their out of the box thinking!
Just watch how many shooters buy old technology once the Karma Red Panda is available. All because they were smart enough to get the best 100Y BR shooter in the country to campaign their gun, and win two majors (RMAC and EBR) and another mid size competition (PAC). Many will buy the gun because they’ll be thinking it’ll help them win, but of course that’s mostly delusion.

Skout has had a few decent results at PAC and EBR, but nothing top 5, despite the fact that the Epoch is next generation technology. What they really need is top 5s in the larger competitions, and shooters will respond positively to that… Currently no top level Pros are competing with their guns.

Karma even sweetened the pot by offering $2K to anyone that finishes top 3 in RMAC, EBR, PAC or NAC, Pro or Sportsman class. Haven’t heard of any incentives from Skout?

Mike,
Skout offered a free golden colored EPOCH to anyone finishing on the podium with their gun. The offer is still on the table as far as I know.
Definitely interested in the Red Panda as well. I would love to know more about it. So far the best thing seems to be an outstanding heavy barrel.
May even be able to adapt a Red Panda barrel to the Skout. One of my favorite things about the Skout is that it is configured to take a very large diameter barrel. Basically anything smaller can be machined to work. So far, I'm getting very low ES and SD with an amazing trigger.
How is yours working out?

Reactions: bfloyd1095
I do not own a Skout (yet).
With that said it will be next purchase after speaking with Lewis, and his positive thoughts on the gun. I have also spoken with Darryl at Skout a few times and to be honest i have found the customer response from the company to be top notch.
Lewis has informed me of numerous occasions where Skout has gone WAY above and beyond to do some pretty cool custom stuff for him.

I would challenge Any of the " top tier " manufactures to be as accommodating.....

Furthermore i appreciate the business model of Skout, slow and steady usually wins the race, throw in advancement of the innovative design of the gun instead of ' following " the herd is a plus in my book as well.....

To end this for me I will also add I personally prefer doing 1 gun right and standing behind said gun over throwing a bunch of crap out there to see what sticks......

Reactions: john8
Just watch how many shooters buy old technology once the Karma Red Panda is available. All because they were smart enough to get the best 100Y BR shooter in the country to campaign their gun, and win two majors (RMAC and EBR) and another mid size competition (PAC). Many will buy the gun because they’ll be thinking it’ll help them win, but of course that’s mostly delusion.

Skout has had a few decent results at PAC and EBR, but nothing top 5, despite the fact that the Epoch is next generation technology. What they really need is top 5s in the larger competitions, and shooters will respond positively to that… Currently no top level Pros are competing with their guns.

Karma even sweetened the pot by offering $2K to anyone that finishes top 3 in RMAC, EBR, PAC or NAC, Pro or Sportsman class. Haven’t heard of any incentives from Skout?

Bingo lol= 💯

Mike,
Skout offered a free golden colored EPOCH to anyone finishing on the podium with their gun. The offer is still on the table as far as I know.
Definitely interested in the Red Panda as well. I would love to know more about it. So far the best thing seems to be an outstanding heavy barrel.
May even be able to adapt a Red Panda barrel to the Skout. One of my favorite things about the Skout is that it is configured to take a very large diameter barrel. Basically anything smaller can be machined to work. So far, I'm getting very low ES and SD with an amazing trigger.
How is yours working out?
Mine is much better now that the HP reg is very consistent, and therefore the pellet speed is consistent. I’ve also had no further issues with the LP reg.
@Lewis what have you done as far as Dwell or LP adjustments to lower your ES/SD?

Not sure why the first thing I hear out of both owners and non owners is “let’s put another barrel on it”, when honestly the factory barrel n .25 caliber 25 inch is as good as any barrel you may install in its place. I shot this side by side with my .25 Red Wolf that finished 3rd at EBR 2022 Pro and in light wind conditions accuracy was equivalent. And in blustery conditions with lots of up/down drafts the Skout was a bit better.

So my advice is stop looking to blame accuracy issues on this aluminum nickel-Teflon coated barrel system and actually PRACTICE shooting. That’ll improve your accuracy more than anything. My last two EBR cards I shot at 100Y were 226 and 228. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

I’m not aware of any incentives for finishing near the top of major (EBR - RMAC) or medium (PAC - NAC) tournaments. I can’t find anything online?

Skout rifles appear to be a well engineered product, but until it wins some major events like EBR and RMAC, I doubt it will displace any other manufacturers products.
Likely true ... being the History of Smart Parts and the family of Shocker paint ball markers was so driven by tournament play success / failures, it only makes sense the factory now involved with High End PCP marketed bias Competition ... Success / Failure there as well to be the driving force in development & market share :unsure:

Tho just a WAG

Reactions: Centercut
I’m not aware of any incentives for finishing near the top of major (EBR - RMAC) or medium (PAC - NAC) tournaments. I can’t find anything online?
It was stated numerous times in Video interviews done earlier in the year that the "GOLDEN" Epoch was to be rewarded IIRC :unsure: too a top 5 finisher shooting an EPOCH at the mentioned events.

It was stated numerous times in Video interviews done earlier in the year that the "GOLDEN" Epoch was to be rewarded IIRC :unsure: too a top 5 finisher shooting an EPOCH at the mentioned events.
Yeah, that’s official. 🙄 When I see it on their web site that spells out which tournaments and what places I’ll believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: Motorhead
I’ll be honest the number 1 selling point to me is it’s engineered and built in the USA!. Accuracy from what I’ve seen in good shooters hands it’s as accurate as anything out there.

I also like the Idea of spare parts, O-rings, tools all available standard with the gun, this can prove invaluable during a Competition! Customer support seems unparalleled.

If they can provide a dedicated slug barrel that shoots! they will be in business for a one gun for all current competitions.

Efficiency is a concern of mine?

Last edited: