Will people stop Buying EdGuns because Russian made ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope not as I am willing to bet that most Russian citizens probably think their leader is a total DB but remember they can’t do anything or say anything about it. That country as a whole has a GDP just a touch over what the state of Florida has. I don’t think we as airgunners woukd hurt them.

Most people only know what they hear on news outlets so they have no clue. There are 3 or 4 sides to this story and even though it's painful for all it needed to be settled, the problems have drawn on for many years now. Outsiders are not helping but making it far worse and causing needless deaths. Talk to the ones living it to find the truth. Some have done very bad things on each side but we should not be distracted by those who put a spin on it.

Please don't take my comment as argumentive, I'm only trying to help people educate themselves without being political. I speak Russian and have Ukrainian family.

I would hope not as I am willing to bet that most Russian citizens probably think their leader is a total DB but remember they can’t do anything or say anything about it. That country as a whole has a GDP just a touch over what the state of Florida has. I don’t think we as airgunners woukd hurt them.

Most people only know what they hear on news outlets so they have no clue. There are 3 or 4 sides to this story and even though it's painful for all it needed to be settled, the problems have drawn on for many years now. Outsiders are not helping but making it far worse and causing needless deaths. Talk to the ones living it to find the truth. Some have done very bad things on each side but we should not be distracted by those who put a spin on it.

Please don't take my comment as argumentive, I'm only trying to help people educate themselves without being political. I speak Russian and have Ukrainian family.

Well said, @heavy-impact

Most people only know what they hear on news outlets so they have no clue. There are 3 or 4 sides to this story ...

Exactly, and ppl with a shallow=single sided view shall really refrain from commenting what is already heard from mainstream media.

btw heavy I am also talking several languages, and with a beer I may pick a courage for couple more ;)

Today everyone - or most everyone is effected whatever is happening around us and looks like we are sinking deeper in this globalization mess.

A lot of roadblocks on every "here and there" steps and not easy to keep our hobby on level and running.

No one is smart enough to know all the tricks, we need the World Wide community knowledge how to share and avoid crashing into problems.

Even asking questions could be marked "politics" ... so sensitive topic.

Cultures and Languages as so different and translated to English sometimes resulting rough meaning to natives in the field.

As far as the regular person, or small business, we are all for the most part just normal people living out our lives the best we can with honesty and trying to do what is right by God and our fellow man.

Our gov's, no matter the country, are for the most part deeply and nefariously corrupt to the very core, and we the people suffer from that, so I say why punish the regular man for something that they have had nothing to do with.

IMHO every little bit helps. Right now and for the foreseeable future I will not knowingly buy anything Russian, from Belarus or China if I can help it. Yes such a ban boycott is intended to hurt their economy and thankfully it looks like that is working. It is hurting the standard of living there, but what they have done is also hitting us. Look at the price of fuel, my pickup is diesel, two weeks I filled up at about 3.50/gal, last Sat it was 4.79. I'm retired and working part time and it is going to hurt. We are going to have our grandson over from Jackson, Ms next week. I just did some quick calculations and depending upon how I drive it's going to cost me 75-80 dollars more this week compared to next for a one way trip to take him home, as compared to next week, probably will be more than when we actually make the trip. From my standpoint this is not political hitting my pocketbook is economic.

IMHO every little bit helps. Right now and for the foreseeable future I will not knowingly buy anything Russian, from Belarus or China if I can help it. Yes such a ban boycott is intended to hurt their economy and thankfully it looks like that is working. It is hurting the standard of living there, but what they have done is also hitting us. Look at the price of fuel, my pickup is diesel, two weeks I filled up at about 3.50/gal, last Sat it was 4.79. I'm retired and working part time and it is going to hurt. We are going to have our grandson over from Jackson, Ms next week. I just did some quick calculations and depending upon how I drive it's going to cost me 75-80 dollars more this week compared to next for a one way trip to take him home, as compared to next week, probably will be more than when we actually make the trip. From my standpoint this is not political hitting my pocketbook is economic.

I hope you didn't base your opinion on the news because everything about this on the news is 100% spin and none of the truth. Did you know that MrP has had about 150 talks with the other side over the last 8 years and the other side backed out of their agreement every time. Even when it was their terms. That's why he said it's maddening and enough is enough. The one affecting fuel prices is way closer to home. I paid $5.40 a gallon for diesel today in Tennessee. Almost $700 for 3/4 of a tank. Russia doesn't want N missiles pointed at it from every border sames as we didn't want them on Cuba. Why is the standard different for another country. We can't discuss all the real reasons here so I'll just say I support Edgun all the way. 

Status
Not open for further replies.