Will people stop Buying EdGuns because Russian made ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine some people might boycott Russian products. 

That said, are things like pellet guns already embargoed? With all the restrictions on Russia economically, I've lost track of if things like PCP rifles can even be exported from Russia. I would imagine it's near impossible to export them now, as Edgun probably does not have access to banking services that would allow export. 

I'm a Ukrainian-Canadian and am looking for ways to support the Ukrainian military. IMO if you want to support Ukraine, it makes more sense to find immediate ways of support. Boycotting a small Russian company with no known connection to the Russian State would have no short-term impact. I suspect this military operation can't last long without going nuclear. 

I think it’s wise for manufactures to keep their political views to themselves for the sake of business. As long as I don’t know what your views are I don’t care what country an airgun is made. 

I do remember Ed mentioning that he will open up a mfg facility in America. Hopefully he does so importers don’t have to pay all those fees and they can pass on the savings to the consumer

There's nothing wrong with Russian people. It would be stupid for anyone to politicize their choice of airguns based on this "crisis". 

If people won’t stop buying Chinese junkers I don’t think the Russians have anything to worry about.

^^^ This 100%. No one is going to boycott and pull Chinese goods if they invade Taiwan, they'll just keep buying crap from Amazon and Wally World like usual. 

Russians i think compared to just about any other country in any time of history are a bit more unlucky with their leaders, but they are the only ones that can fix that problem.

And what happen now in regard to sanctions by governments and people i dont understand why it did not happen a decade or 2 ago, and i sure dont understand why some countries have made them self dependent on that country with that leadership, other than the saying that money talks and BS walks.

I was in Odessa in August 1991 when communism fell, and i met nothing but nice people even if that was still technically the soviet union, it is also a nice town and a must if you are a WW2 geek, cuz that town took a hammering before it fell, and a bit later there was a rerun but now Germans getting evicted the hard way.

Unloading a 1/8 mile long tanker filled with gasoline however,,,,,,,,, facepalm,,,,,,, loud sigh

Think people will boycott EdGuns because made in Russia ? What about resale value ?

Some people will out of ignorance.

Probably the same ones who are pouring perfectly good vodka out in the streets thinking they're saving the world.

Stay strong, Ed 💪

News flash: MSM lies 24/7/365.

We.

Are.

Being.

Lied.

To.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I fully condemn mixing politics in sports (like the very last Olympic games in example), medicine and healthcare (numerous examples Worldwide), or any other import/export restrictions for goods ordinary people using.

All those sanctions hurting only people/citizens directly, politicians and governments don't care a sht.

I am buying (I would like at least) whatever suits my interests and my pocket allows it. I have a view of a non religious but Catholic, and I have seen how sanctions working in post YU.

To the OP and admins ... sorry I am just trying to stay neutral and away from any dedicated political - racial - gender - religious comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.