• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Will it ever end, the voice that asks which is better

A good springer or a PCP? Someone butts in and asks,"what will it be used for"? Another,how much money you want to spend, another,at what distance will you be shooting it and on and on......don't forget the PCP needs other equipment to get it to work...
The answer comes, "I just what to plink at under 30 yards and I have $800 to spend". Oh you can get a good cheap PCP and hand pump for under that and there is Always the guy that comes up with get a FX or Daystate, you won't regret it...hey dude he said he had a budget of $800, how is that going to help him?
On and on it goes,a lot of good choices and some great help.......Springer guys and PCP guys ,all air gun people that love the sport.
All of which got me thinking about dogs and women,in a perfect world a man would have them all and all would be loved.

Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100, .22 cal and the Umarex Octane Elite .22 are just two of the break barrels that we plink with around the house. I am a heavy M-rod shooter, but when it's time just to knock down some paper targets, a few water bottles, ect.. the Trail NP and the Octane are on point. If purchased, I advise everyone to CLEAN and polish the barrel, then has a variety pack of pellets to see what the barrel likes. This is for dead on accuracy if you do your part. Break barrels will have more recoil than a PCP rifle and may take some time to learn how to properly hold and shoot. The good thing is that there is NO extra accessories needed. That's my 2cents

Reactions: beerthief
Naw, it will never end. And in a way, I hope it never does!

There is something about airgunning about which folks get passionate. And that doesn't happen with all sports or hobbies. And I think that the passion comes from what folks can actually accomplish with an airgun, which they never could (or no longer can due to physical factors, aging, availability of places to shoot, etc.) with a powder burner. I am older, so I naturally deal with older folks. And some of these folks thought that their shooting days were over, until they discovered airguns.

With others they may still be physically strong, but are amazed at the accuracy potential of airguns as compared to anything they've ever shot before. Just incredible.

So we're passionate about our hobby and out guns. They are expensive in an out-of-proportion way after all. So we all like to justify (over-justify?) why we spent all that money on a gun - because it is the right one, the best one. Dammit!

And lots of new folks coming into the hobby, many who don't use the search function well, or those who believe that their situation is different from others who have asked the question before.

So no it will never end. And that's probably a good thing!

well there is a factor on a forum where a new guy has no idea how to even navigate the site and the old crusty regular guy is sick of the repeating questions new guys have .. then the next response is to get frustrated, tell the nrw guy basically to quit being stupid because he can use the search function and his question isnt interesting enough for the old crusty regular lol .. time to take a break imo ..

A good springer or a PCP? Someone butts in and asks,"what will it be used for"? Another,how much money you want to spend, another,at what distance will you be shooting it and on and on......don't forget the PCP needs other equipment to get it to work...
The answer comes, "I just what to plink at under 30 yards and I have $800 to spend". Oh you can get a good cheap PCP and hand pump for under that and there is Always the guy that comes up with get a FX or Daystate, you won't regret it...hey dude he said he had a budget of $800, how is that going to help him?
On and on it goes,a lot of good choices and some great help.......Springer guys and PCP guys ,all air gun people that love the sport.
All of which got me thinking about dogs and women,in a perfect world a man would have them all and all would be loved.
I’m pretty puzzled how any of this got you thinking about women, given the $800 budget.

Deep thoughts…

B6A40FB4-5CFD-4026-A4BD-7EFBB2AB99F8.jpeg

In a word? No it won’t stop. And for some reason people who own guns weather powder burners or air guns are the most opinionated people I know and we like to share our opinions and we think what works for us should work for everybody else.
And this forum is mild. Go to double gun forum and ask who made the best American SxS shotgun then grab a beer and some popcorn and sit back and watch the fireworks. Better yet get on a forum that deals with revolvers and ask if Smith, Colt or Ruger is the best choice.
The people here when they are asking questions like what kind of shooting, what distance etc are mainly trying to qualify their answer in good faith I believe.

Reactions: SHOMER