Will fx swap old gauge to newer one for free/discount?

I would hope that they might offer some kind of an upgrade program for people who purchased an Impact in the last few months because I’d imagine most people wouldn’t pay full price for an “old” Impact knowing an upgraded one is coming. Offering a free update to Impact X’s Purchased in 2019 would help them move the remaining stock without needing to discount them and would be a positive for the customer.

As someone who purchased an Impact X in January, I was pretty bummed to see an update announced 2 months later lol. I would have waited had I known.

One thing positive on FX, I bought my Impact just before the X model was announced. The difference was I got the old style barrel and not the X barrel. I spoke to Utah Air Guns whom I made the purchase from and they offered to check with FX if they could do something. They shortly got back to me and I was given at no additional cost a 700mm 30 caliber barrel kit. I think I paid a small fee as I upgraded from 600mm to 700mm however if I just wanted the 600mm it would of been no cost.

The only gauge that matters is the tank gauge who cares what the other gauge says you adjust for accuracy not for what the gauge says.

If your reg creeps wouldn't that effect your accuracy? Without a gauge how would you know what your tuning your gun to? The Impact platform is too adjustable to do things blind. If you own an impact and havent utilized the reg gauge you are missing out. If you dont own an Impact you should get one and you will see the importance.

Bigbobby, its the Regulator gauge that is the the gauge that matters. You can't begin to tune safely if your reg gauge reads wrong. If it reads too low you'll go too high and blow out o-rings. If the gauge reads high you'll be too scared of going too high and shoot at unacceptably low speeds.

As far as the tank gauge is concerned, most of us fill to 220 Bar which is 30 bar under what FX recommends. So you you have that safety net built in in case you have a low reading gauge and if it's too high then you'll just fill more often.....not so critical as compared to the reg.

My reg gauge was reading 30-40 bar high so when I was at 150 in reality I was only around 110-120. It's unnerving to crank your reg up to 180 even if that would actually be at 140-150 Bar.

With a new Huma gauge I set my reg to 145 bar for 890-900 fps w 34 gn JSB Heavies.

How does one know if they have the old style gages? In my opinion, the most important item in a pcp gun is the manometer gage and of course, like all guns, the safe functioning of a trigger.

But, BBBeef makes a good point. Think back when you installed an aftermarket regulator on your gun, like the Marauder, and now the guns gage read reg pressure. Pretty much worthless, since now we’re using the tank gage to set the 3000 psi MAX fill.

But I also see the FX impact owners point of view, too. The Impact is the Miata, er, I mean Mazzarati of air guns. To invest that much in a gun, it has to have the best of the best. That’s all I have to say about that.

Doesn't make sense. I would think something as important as the manometer would be thoroughly tested prior to implementation as part of the air rifle. Some of the complaints, regarding FX are baffling to me. For instance, the AMP Regulator comes out and there are no guidelines on using it. You go to their Web Sight and there are no diagrams for their latest offerings. As an example, the WC still shows only the MKI. When I purchased my .25 Compact, I received my rifle and a case. No users manual. Hell, my Gamo Whisper Fusion had a users manual. Void the Warranty, how would I know since there is no manual.

Small gauges no matter which gun they come on are at best an "indicator" (if the sweep of the gauge is less than 70% of the dial) of pressure and the need to refill the gun . The larger tank gauges are what should be used when a gun is filled. Even then, unless your tank gauge is verified against a national calibrated standard on a regular schedule you are still making small ballpark guesses. All measurement devices whether analog or digital MUST be calibrated on a schedule to be certified accurate. We had to do this with many test devices and instruments when I worked in the Semiconductor Fabrication industry. It is NOT inexpensive.

When I bought the FX impact and my Crown I knew the gauges were not accurate. With just a little bit of research that was brought up on many reviews out there. But the positives way out weighted the negatives. So I purchases the guns because I didn't feel the gauges were a show stopper. I am happy as hell they extended the warranty 2 more years on the Crown I already purchased and it was over 1 year old when they extended the warranty. I can't recall seeing anyone do that for a customer. My regulator went out in January 2019 and I had purchased it in October 2017. (one of the first to be shipped to the US). No charge on repairs. I have no problem with the gauge and have considered purchasing a more accurate one but I don't really have any justification to do so. If you really want accuracy there is a gauge for setting pressure and it is extremely expensive. I feel you have more control adjusting pressure and the hammer spring to get your best results. Keeping track of your velocity I feel will do much more good than where a pressure is set. The nice thing about it is FX has came out with a chronograph that is quick and easy to use. So the problem is solved on the older style chronographs that go by a shadow passing a light sensor

I hope people are satisfied with the performance of FX and the continues upgrades that they bring to the table each year.

My battle plan is buy a top of the line FX every 3 years then I don't have to worry about repair costs and FX holds there value when you buy the top of the line so you end up leasing 2000.00 dollar gun for about 175.00/year.

That is my 2 cents worth. Every one have fun pushing pellets 

I’d like to sneak a question on here regarding the gage placement on my Wildcat, if the OP doesn’t mind. I don’t like that it’s upside down. Has anyone taken all the air out and tweaked on the gage to get a better view on it? 

Lastly, will any 1/8” npt gage thread on to replace the FX gage? I have a McMaster Carr 0-4000 psi gage I’d like to put on, as I like all readings in psi