Will all the new anti gun legislation being proposed, affect us in the air gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
👍

I'm reading a lot of "let's hide and hope they don't notice us" in the discussion. Get active, support each other, and communicate with your legislators (Senators, Congressional Reps, and state reps). If anyone thinks that being passive and waiting for someone else to make a decision for you is the best course of action, I urge you to research for yourself how the Jewish community in Germany was disarmed, as well as our friends in Britain and Australia. This hobby is on the hit list. 

If we don't make our voices heard by voting in every single election and writing, respectfully, to our political reps, then we have made our voices and votes very clear - "We don't care...that's why we didn't speak out when you were legislating away our freedom to make adult choices and decisions."

Allow me to suggest that we bring this thread back to a productive discussion of the topic.

Perhaps this question will help

Can anyone offer any insight into exactly what is being considered in proposed legislation that would have an impact on air gunners?

(Not looking for speculation, here say, or rumor, please)

Ed

Meh, seriously? What insight do you have that indicates any proposed legislation would not impact on airguns? Not looking for assumptions, beliefs, or assurances from politicians here...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the AG industry has enjoyed many years of freedom and fun. It is ultimately up to each of us to be responsible if we want to enjoy many more years of freedom and fun. Quite honestly, the prohibitive costs of even entering into the AG world would hopefully deter any criminals away as a criminal isn't going to follow the laws anyways to obtain a real firearm. And anyone who thinks AG's are not even a blip on the radar just needs to read up on local bylaws across the US (blue states) and observe places like NY, NJ. They most certainly are aware of AG's, they're just not at the top of the list. 

Just remember changes happen over periods of time. It's a slow degradation that occurs. Look at marketing and it's influence on Youtube over the years. Did they just one day suddenly insert all these ads in our face? NO, it happens gradually over the course of time by slowly implementing small changes. It's the slow degradation of your freedoms and rights over time. This has also been explained in history. 

I think the AG industry has enjoyed many years of freedom and fun. It is ultimately up to each of us to be responsible if we want to enjoy many more years of freedom and fun. Quite honestly, the prohibitive costs of even entering into the AG world would hopefully deter any criminals away as a criminal isn't going to follow the laws anyways to obtain a real firearm. And anyone who thinks AG's are not even a blip on the radar just needs to read up on local bylaws across the US (blue states) and observe places like NY, NJ. They most certainly are aware of AG's, they're just not at the top of the list. 

Just remember changes happen over periods of time. It's a slow degradation that occurs. Look at marketing and it's influence on Youtube over the years. Did they just one day suddenly insert all these ads in our face? NO, it happens gradually over the course of time by slowing implementing small changes. It's the slow degradation of your freedoms and rights over time. This has also been explained in history.

That's exactly right. Just look at NJ? The air gun industry and air gunners must stand shoulder to shoulder with the gun industry and fight any and all proposed gun control. If we all do not hang together, we will certainly all hang separately. 

I would think that manufacturers are also aware that regulations might come into place so there are power restrictions thought on new designs. I think that it comes down to someone doing the wrong thing for us to gain bad media coverage. Unfortunately i've heard many irresponsible air gunners trying to hunt bigger game with the wrong gun.

we says that we are "responsible owners" but it still surprises me to find people that are putting up the sport on the bad edge of things by being irresponsible. 

HB405

Title: LEAD Act of 2021 Lead Endangers Animals Daily Act of 2021

Description: Directs the Department of the Interior to issue final regulations prohibiting the discharge of any firearm using ammunition other than nonlead ammunition on all lands and waters under the jurisdiction and control of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Interior shall establish and annually update a list of nonlead ammunition. The prohibition shall not apply to (1) a government official or agent who is carrying out a statutory duty unrelated to the management of wildlife; (2) a state, local, tribal, or federal law enforcement officer, or the agent of such an officer, who is carrying out a statutory duty; or (3) an active member of the U.S. military who is carrying out official duties. A person that knowingly violates the prohibition may be assessed a civil penalty by Interior of (1) no more than $500 for the first violation, and (2) no less than $1,000 or more than $5,000 for a second or subsequent violation.

Last Action: Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.

HB405

Title: LEAD Act of 2021 Lead Endangers Animals Daily Act of 2021

Description: Directs the Department of the Interior to issue final regulations prohibiting the discharge of any firearm using ammunition other than nonlead ammunition on all lands and waters under the jurisdiction and control of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Interior shall establish and annually update a list of nonlead ammunition. The prohibition shall not apply to (1) a government official or agent who is carrying out a statutory duty unrelated to the management of wildlife; (2) a state, local, tribal, or federal law enforcement officer, or the agent of such an officer, who is carrying out a statutory duty; or (3) an active member of the U.S. military who is carrying out official duties. A person that knowingly violates the prohibition may be assessed a civil penalty by Interior of (1) no more than $500 for the first violation, and (2) no less than $1,000 or more than $5,000 for a second or subsequent violation.

Last Action: Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.

This is what creates panic for the knee jerk people in society, and that’s what they have been playing on for years. For all the waterfowl hunters out there, we know for many many years, we were no longer allowed to use lead shot in our shotguns when hunting certain lands. The thing that must not be overlooked is we can still use lead shot when hunting at farmer Earls or any other privately owned hunting spot. Ask yourself, everything that’s been posted on social media over the last 10 years that has created panic, what has it truly done? None of it has come to fruition. But it has been very effective at crippling a sport. Control your caveman instincts. But the powers that be know you can’t and you won’t. 

During the "Mostly Peaceful Riots" in the NW, there were Cops who were shot by an airgun. Don't know how many but the Police

spokesman I heard specifically said pellets / airgun and some were as deep as down to the bone.

So, for everyone who says the airgun community shouldn't talk about legislation so we can stay under the radar. Guess what? We're on the lefts radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.